🖤 Ray #1 || EXTRA 🖤

I held onto her tightly, making sure she was warm and secure in my arms. I didn't want her to have any more nightmares. This silly, caring girl in my arms, was the only girl I could ever love. But how could I tell her? How could I burden my y/n?

I think it's best if I apologize for everything I did wrong. I can tell it's bothering her, dealing with me. "Hm?" I whispered, as she shifted around. y/n was still sound asleep, turning her body to face me.

What an idiot... You're just tempting me now, aren't you?

I want to kiss her. I softly traced her lips with my fingers, imagining how it would feel if I had pressed my own against them.

I want what's best for her. And what's best for her is not having to deal with this stupid drama. Her face is so soft, and this cute sleeping face. It's not fair! Did Yuugo see this? My cute little y/n? "Did he really kiss you, y/n?" I muttered to myself, half wanting an answer. She snuggled herself into my chest, whispering something I couldn't hear. Sleep talking. Was she dreaming about me? I hope she is. I brushed my bangs aside, just wanting to watch her sleep peacefully.

I should give her space. She needs time to put this family first, and put our emotions aside.

She started to snore, her forehead on my chest. I nearly laughed. This cute girl... What if someone steals her from me? What if she starts to love someone else? What if she already loves Yuugo? Is she clutching onto me because she wanted him to be here?

She thought I was him. She wanted him to stay. She didn't know it was me. She loves him, doesn't she?

My y/n is moving on. She doesn't want me anymore.

Every day, at Grace Field, I would watch her from behind. Always, running off with Norman, going to play or talk. Climbing trees with Emma or studying with Gilda. I watched her back, as she ran further and further away from me. I thought being here would have let me catch up. I thought I could finally be the one she chose to be with. But I'm stuck in the past. Getting jealous like a child and using the same tactics. Losing my temper, messing around.

All I ever wanted was to play with them all too. But I was trapped underneath that stupid tree with a book and watch.

The only person who ever stayed there with me was her. y/n.

I looked at the face of the sleeping girl in front of me. She had stopped snoring, and was now quiet and still. "I'll always love you. No matter what." I said out loud, kissing the top of her head. She smelled like flowers. A dewy morning valley. I wanted her to be mine. I wanted to grab her hand and ask her to wait for me. But who am I stop her?

All I can do is give her that choice.

I quickly grabbed a book from my room and sat at the end of her bed. I wanted to be there when she woke up.

Her eyelids fluttered open, mumbling something incoherent. Her morning face is so cute.

"Good morning, princess."