⭐️ My Muse || Chapter Eighty Two

"Mhm... Mhm." God... Why do I feel so stiff? Everything hurts... What was I doing? Where am I? 

Holy shit. Leuvis! He's... He's dead, right? 

Wait, Ray! Zack. I pulled my eyes open, scanning the familiar beige room. This looked like... This looked like home..? 

My hand was being held tightly, noticing the large crowd of people surrounding me. "Welcome back, y/n." Ray was smiling brighter than the sun. He was here... Waiting for me? I grunted, trying to get up. He caught my back, pulling me into his arms. Emma's eyes were filled with tears, everyone trying their best not to scream or cheer. "Hi, guys." I whispered, still a little bit sore. Gilda, Don, Sandy, Gillian, Oliver, Nigel... Everyone, even Sonya was there. But... "Where's Zack..?" My heart dropped, thinking about where he could have gone. The sea of people parted, revealing a sleeping boy with a white headband. "Ray and Zack were fighting!" Emma blurted out. Ray karate chopped her head embarrassedly. "Shut up, dummy!" We all giggled, Lucas gently shaking him awake. He rubbed his eyes. "Weird ass dreams," He muttered. "Wait..." He opened them again, blinking a few times. Tears started to fall down his cheeks as he stumbled weakly to my bedside. "This... This is real... right?" The slash over his nose turned into a scar, bandages taped over his face. Zack... Zack is alive. "I think so?" I whispered, touching his cheek. I caught Ray's sour glare in the corner of my eye. Before I could pull myself back, Zack leaned forward, pressing his lips against mine. I closed my eyes, kissing him back. Everyone cheered, erupting into a small applause. Everyone except one person. 

We all talked for a little bit, as I made small paces around the room with Nigel's help. 

"I swear to god, hat boy, if you let me go, I will kill you." I joked, as he laughed, dangling his arm in front of me. 

Yuugo and Lucas told tales about their childhood together, sometimes tearing up just at looking into each other's eyes. "Do you think... Norman is alive, somehow?" Emma asked. We all knew the answer to that question. But we didn't want to say it. Then suddenly, I remembered something. "Ray, do you still have that picture? From that day in the library?" His eyes widened, jumping out of the room. He came back seconds later, a small white film in his hands. He handed it to Emma, her emerald green eyes twinkling in both sadness and happiness. "He'd... He'd want us to move on..." 

Soon, everyone had left, leaving only Emma, Gilda, and I to discuss the drama that had happened. "y/n." The green haired girl hissed, shaking my shoulders. "Who. Is. That. Boy." "Zack?" I giggled, pulling myself free. She adjusted her glasses, smirking at me mischievously. "What about Ray?" I scoffed, "What about Ray?" "They were fighting, y'know." Emma commented, braiding the strand of hair over my severed ear. "Over you." Me? Fighting over me? "W-What do you mean?" "You god damn boy magnet!" Gilda laughed, handing her a hair tie. Emma pulled the hair gently, pinning it together. "Zack was upset that Ray let you go fight. He was really worried for you." "Is that why he was sleeping before? Because he was staying with me this whole time?" They looked at me strangely, saying it together. "Ray was the one who didn't leave your side." Ray..? Not... Not Zack? "For the whole month," The orange haired girl added, letting go of the braid. It covered up the scar nicely. "We had to bring him food, or he would probably starve. I think he felt guilty, like it was his fault that you got hurt." "Where was Zack?" Gilda sighed, squeezing my hand. "He's a natural born leader, y/n. The moment he got here, he started organizing hunts and teaching the little ones how to fight. At first, I was against it, but they'd have to face a demon eventually. He's doing that for you, too. For all of us." 

I shouldn't have been upset. But I was anyways. He was doing what Ray did, when Mujika and Sonju saved us.

But that emo cyclops stayed this whole time. He kept his promise. And that made me really, really happy. 

----------------------------------------

💖 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 💖

i was thinking abt writing a special chapter but writer's block hit me like a truck

instead we get fast MM return - Love, Ruru

----------------------------------------