🔒 My Muse || Chapter Fifty Three

I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I poked my head out, gasping for air. I was readying my apologies, rubbing my eyes from the soapy water they had contacted.

"y/n?" 

It was Ray's voice. Out of all people it was Ray. Which was good? Or bad? I don't know. My face grew hot, but not because of the sauna-like temperature. I peeked between my fingers, watching his shoulder blades rolling back with his shirt. Ray had become well built over this time, but I never saw how his body looked like without the clothes. "Since it's you, it's okay if I jump in right?" He teased, loosening his sweatpants. He turned to the side, and I caught a glimpse at his muscular chest. Holy shit, that chest. His abs were well defined, reflecting the dim lights. His arms were thick and strong, so were his legs. His pants fell to the floor, leaving him naked. 

"Nice ass." I blurted out. His waist and thighs were so slender yet lean. His pelvis was so well defined as he turned towards me, laughing. "Ack!" I yelped, closing the gap in my fingers. 

This. Is. Not. Okay. 

"Why are you hiding?" His voice was so low, the sound of water being disturbed making me shake. He was getting in. He was going into the tub. Was he going towards me? Where do I go? Holy shit. Holy fricking shit. I was naked! He was naked! We were in a bathtub together, naked!

I can guarantee I looked like a tomato. The rippling of water grew closer and closer to me. I moved farther and farther away. 

"y/n," He called, still laughing. "Why are you running?" 

"Because you're NAKED!" I hissed, doggy paddling away. My eyes were still closed tight. "Stay away from me!" "Funny you say that, actually." I felt him grab my shoulder, pulling me close to him, but not onto his body. "There's enough bubbles that we won't see anything." He patted my head, cupping my cheek. Fine. Fine! I give up! I opened my eyes slowly, to see his soft smile. he wasn't lying, the tub was filled with a layer of white foam. His hair was still dry, spiky and soft. I splashed him, playfully. "Why so shy? y/n?" He gave me this look, like a little confused puppy. I averted that gaze, touching his hand on my cheek. "I'm not... Just... Surprised, I guess." His hand moved from my cheek to my waist. "So it's okay if I touch you?" I nodded, blushing again. 

"Good, I wanted to wash your hair." He said, squirting pink shampoo on top of my head. I burst out laughing. "Why wash my hair?" His cheeks were tinted pink, just like the soap in my hair. "B-Because your hair is one of my favorite parts about you." 

"I like your hair too, the only part that makes me sad is that I can't see both your eyes!" I squeezed his cheeks, his bangs parting so he looked at me strangely. "I'll wear a man bun for you, y/n." He grinned, continuing to massage my head. "Never. Ever. Wear a man bun." I fake barfed, imagining my cute emo Ray with one those things. He splashed my head gently, making sure no soap got into my eyes. 

"I wanna do you now!" I grabbed the bottle, trying to reach his head. He snickered at my height. His hands were around my waist, hauling me upwards. He sat me on the edge of the floor, standing in between my legs. "This works, right?" He could see all of me. My number, my boobs, my stomach and my scarred knee. He still didn't mind. I spun him around, squeezing the bottle on his head. "Hey, aren't you using too much?" He asked, resting his arms on my thighs. "No, this is the perfect amount." I replied, starting to ruffle up his hair. 

When I finished, I jumped into the tub, aggressively splashing water on him. "You wanna start a fight?" He laughed, flapping his arms back. We eventually found our way into each other's arms. "Ew, I can feel it on my leg." I joked, poking his nose. "How can you not? You're naked right in front of me." We laughed again, climbing out of the tub and drying our hair with the thick velvety towels. "William Minerva seems like a rich guy." Ray commented, pulling on the boxers I had thrown at him earlier. I slipped on my own underwear and comfy sports bra, replying. "This shelter is so well made. A kitchen, pantry, security room and this hot tub?" I pulled on the oversized pink pullover,  glancing at Ray. I snickered. He was wearing a matching pink hoodie. "Were there not any other colors?" I laughed, jumping into his arms. He flicked my forehead playfully. "It was either pink, purple, or green. And they were all the weird pastel shades too." He pulled on a fresh pair on light gray sweatpants, tying the strings into a bow. "Cute," I commented, gathering all my dirty clothes. 

"Where's y/n and Ray?" I heard Emma call from the hallway. I quickly pushed the sliding doors, open, running into the hallway with Ray by my side. "Emma? What's wrong." 

She had grabbed a knife from the kitchen, a fire burning in her eyes. 

"He's awake."