Chapter 16

Relevium

Relief

Wednesday 11th of September, 6:00 AM, Jungkook's room in Evanthe.

When Jimin's low sound alarm went off, Jungkook opened his eyes at once. And, as he'd done before, it wasn't more than three seconds before Jimin quickly turned it off.

While Jungkook lay there with the covers up to his mouth, he looked at the ceiling, and, as he remembered all that happened the day before and how it concluded... he grinned. He was happy that he was still feeling happy, usually, when he wakes up after a night with Taehyung there's a moment of overthinking and embarrassment, but today, he felt completely different, he felt stronger than before, having this massive secret that filled him with so much joy was making him feel powerful like he was finally grabbing his life by the reins, both hands on the wheel, eyes wide open and looking at every equation he must think about in other to keep his happiness.

Before he came here to Evanthe, his happiness had been measured by when he could see Leo and Emily and how much time they had together, and, the rest of the time he was alone or feeling lonely, he was still trying to be happy by painting whatever he wanted, but he was still feeling like he was doing something wrong because society told him "no". Always someone else told him "No. Weird. Strange. You shouldn't", even his head, making him feel like he was doing something bad when in reality, now that he saw clearer, it was not that bad.

And if it was indeed bad and he had something physically wrong in his brain, fuck it, because he wasn't alone anymore and he will do whatever it took to not be alone anymore.

As he was remembering last night with his heart fluttering in his chest just like the butterflies in his stomach, he heard Jimin getting up and immediately organizing his bed. Jungkook usually took his sweet time since Jimin would shower first, but, this time, he felt too awake to wait so he sat up. Painfully. The punch in his stomach would be in full bloom today and the one on his face. He grinned. Sitting on his bed, he lifted his shirt and looked down to find it starting to get purple, but it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

Suddenly, he heard the tinies gasp and looked up, Jimin was looking at his bruised stomach while clutching at his own with a pained expression, then he looked up at Jungkook's face and covered his eyes with his hands, turning around. Jungkook frowned and stood, running up to see himself in the bathroom mirror. Once he did, he could understand why Jimin looked so scared. There was dried blood smeared on the side of his face from his cut lip. But it was fine now, it had healed as best as it could overnight.

He washed his face and got back to the room to see Jimin drinking from a water bottle sitting on his own bed like he was trying to calm down. Then, he looked up and walked fast to him. Jungkook was standing still while Jimin examined his face, and then his eyes went down, his eyebrows twitched in confusion for a millisecond and he lifted a finger to point at the side of Jungkook's... neck.

At once, his hands flew up to cover his neck. Oh no, Taehyung had left him, hickeys, he wanted to grin but he thought better not to in front of Jimin, so breathed and tried to keep his face blank with just a little bit of worry. Jimin looked at his eyes and opened his mouth the tiniest bit, but he closed it again and walked back to get his bag. From it, he took out a pencil case. Jungkook was confused until Jimin opened the pencil case to show him. It was makeup.

Jungkook couldn't stop himself and laughed, having to cover his mouth to do so. He wasn't laughing at Jimin or the fact that he had makeup, he was laughing at himself. How many times was he disgusted when he heard girls asking for makeup to cover a hickey some boy made? The irony.