Chapter 70

Infortunium

Misfortune

(Part 2)

He wasn't wearing his suit jacket, she noticed, but since he was accustomed to wearing three-piece suits, it didn't make him look any less dressed up as usual.

Poopy took in a tense breath as she looked over his shoulder at the empty classroom and to each side before speaking.

- Could we speak inside? -

He raised an eyebrow, not moving aside.

- Does it have anything to do with psychology? I'm very busy at the moment and don't have time for–

Yes, it's psychology. - She answered in hushed tones, feeling too rushed to care when he pursed his lips in dislike at being interrupted.

- I'm sure there are many more teachers who can and want to help you with it. I, as I said before, am too busy for anything else. - He tried to close the door.

But she slammed her hand against it and stopped him. She couldn't believe him. Widening her eyes in slight exasperation, she thought of how she never had to speak directly to him before and realized at the same time why no one else would want to.

No, we only trust you with this. - She was in half a mind to move him aside herself. Just what must Lily-Anne be subjecting Jungkook to right now? She doesn't want to think of it.

- Who's we? - His voice dragged as if trying to anger her into leaving on purpose.

She huffed and stepped forward, pushing him aside forcefully and entering the classroom. She stopped then, not because Seokjin had grabbed her arm but because the classroom had not been completely vacant as she thought.

The librarian's assistant was there, the same friend Seokjin took once to the Hospital wing. He was seated on a chair before the teacher's desk, a notebook opened before him, a ballpoint pen at hand, a book opened in the middle of the table... It was as if the man who never tutored his own students out of class was giving private lessons to a nonstudent.

Now she understands why he didn't want her to see this.

Since the knowledge of the teachers was the property of Evanthe, only people who paid for this knowledge could have access to it, and this boy was what they called part of the "lesser staff", which are the ones whose work is to never be seen working, meaning that it was more than obvious that he couldn't pay for it and so he was in danger of not only being fired but also sued along with Seokjin. The difference was that Seokjin could pay his way out of it.

The boy stood up in fright, Seokjin closed the door, and she turned around right when she heard him locking it shut.

He grunted.

- Now we do need to talk. - He turned and looked at her. His usually cold eyes blazing with anger.

- If you help me, I won't say anything. - She promised at once, honestly frightened by his anger but trying to hold her own.

He scoffed.

- It's obvious you would say that, that's why I'm angry. What do you want? - He nearly spat the words at her. But didn't give her time to answer before rolling his eyes and sighing deeply. - I swear, if it's something stupid, I'll kick you out of this classroom, consequences be dammed. Well then, what are you waiting for? Speak. - He commanded as if speaking to a dog.