Chapter 54

Sed... Quare?

But... Why?

Leo closed the door of Finn's room behind himself as the latter went ahead and laid down partially on the bed, just like the day before, with his feet still on the floor and the inside of his elbow hiding his eyes. They had just left Emily in her room after calming her down as much as they could and promising that she would feel better if she took a nap. Gratefully, Alex wasn't there when they left her.

It wasn't that he didn't want to be with Emily, it was simply that... He needed to breathe. He was feeling so... off. His heart was still going a mile an hour.

Slowly he made his way over. But over where? He stopped walking in the middle of the two beds. One was the one he had used the night before -the one Finn had asked the university to leave vacant- and the other one... That was Finn's.

And yes, they had been laying there last evening but...

He could only remember that glimpse he saw at the cafeteria before everything turned to chaos. The glimpse of that hand... Finn's hand...

Why was there a tingling feeling flowing down from the top of his skull?

Leo took in a deep breath and stopped looking at Finn to look down at the floor, but all he saw was him. He closed his eyes but all he saw was him. He looked up at the other side of the room and out the window at the unusually bright sky which was softly ebbing away and... he saw his dream once more.

- What are you thinking of? -

Leo took an involuntary deep breath as he closed his eyes. The sound of his voice as soft as it got only whenever they were alone brought such comfort to his body that he begged his brain to stop thinking so much so he could enjoy it. And he opened his mouth.

- I'm... kind of tired. - He said softly, feeling weak in the knees. Only Finn had elicited this side of him, this kind of voice from him, this way of being, it was all because of him, but... - And I'm also thinking of two days ago. - Because Finn had infiltrated his walls that day. Friday. Because he understood why he was being rude towards him all of a sudden, and he said firmly that he wouldn't leave him even then.

He was too tired; mentally, physically, the more he thought about it, the more tired he got. But there was a need growing inside of him that he couldn't understand.

- Come here then. -

Oh, Jesus...

Leo swallowed and followed what he wanted to do, turning around and sitting next to Finn to slowly lean back and lay with him. He was so tense and he hated it, but then the idea of surrendering in his entirety to these unknown feelings made his walls strengthen their hold.

Until he heard Finn speaking softly next to him, and his breath hitched in his throat at the softness, the closeness... the sound...

- You said you were thinking about Friday. But, what exactly? -

Leo closed his eyes and bought his hands up to rub them with the heels of his palms.

He wanted to--... No... no...

- The, ummm... When you said you wouldn't be leaving... -

It was baffling. Three days was all it took. Not even three days, but two days, two days in which: Finn let him open up, he saw Finn opening up, and they have learned from each other the things that matter to them the most. Just two days...