Chapter 9

Adfectus et Sensibus

Feelings & Sensations

About two hours after he laid down to take a nap, Jungkook jolted awake at the sound of the door banging on the wall. His earphones had slipped off at some point and he was able to hear clearly how Leo had marched in like it was his room, and Jungkook, because he hated being awakened so aggressively, got mad at him for being so unnecessarily aggressive while aggressively taking him by the shoulders and shaking him, only for him. But the latter only laughed at Jungkook.

Once he'd calmed down, he noticed Jimin's absence. Then, he found him curled up in a ball on the floor by the foot of his bed. Jungkook was perplexed. But Emily jumped to action and went immediately to him.

She hugged him and stroked his hair like he would do to her younger brother every time he gets scared, while Tom sat on the bed looking impassively at the whole thing. Leo and Jungkook didn't know what was going on so they just sat down on the latter's bed and talked about random things while she was busy.

Leo told him how his classes had ended and how it was just as he expected them to be, straightforward and cold-minded just like his parents. His expectations were met and that was something he enjoyed. He also told him about his roommate, a third-year in Law by the name of J. His side of the room was filled with screens like Jungkook's had drawings, but every time Leo was in the room. they were all turned off but for the one on his laptop. This last one, he kept on his desk which was placed between the bed and the wall, facing the rest of the room, so all Leo could see was the back of it and the light illuminating J's face.

He's always serious, always checking some screen including his phone, his bookshelf was overflowing with folders of maybe newspaper cuttings judging by his trash can; he was the last one to go to sleep, the first one to get up, he has a mini-fridge and a blender and he's always drinking some thick-substance juice that smells strongly of vegetables. But what surprised Leo overall was the fact that even if his side of the room had a lot of things, everything was organized, all the papers and cables were completely in order and no typing or bright light disturbed his sleep. Leo said how he would've liked a friendlier roommate but accepts that it could've been way worse. That last part he said as he turned his head to look at Jimin holding tight to Emily.

When Jimin let go, he looked drained and puff-faced, he ended up needing the help of Tom to get back up to the bed, and while he did that, Emily and Leo turned their heads to avoid looking at it. The gesture confused Jungkook for a second but right when he remembered Tom should weird him out, he smoothly took his sketchbook to show them the two drawings he had done that day. There was a cold feeling in the back of his neck as he remembered everything that had happened that day while he looked at Leo and Emily praising his drawings. He had to keep his head. Not one single thing out of line and he won't get in trouble.

Without one single glance at Tom or Jimin, the three of them left the room. They wanted to show Jungkook the Study Rooms. Half-round huge rooms on each side of the main building with half dome, very tall windows that let the whole natural light inside.

After that, they showed him the Arcade Room, and he smiled at Leo. Places like this were the ones that helped him ease some tension in his body. The doors for the arcade were the ones in the middle of the stairs, it had no windows and the walls were black. There were a lot of people there, but the organization made it so it didn't feel too cramped. It had games of every sort, computers with gamer chairs, pool tables in the middle of the room, TVs on the back with comfortable-looking plushies, couches and armchairs, numerous vending machines with food and drinks, and tables for people to eat in. The general feeling was a happy one, a very infectious feeling. And the three of them ended up spending an amazing time there.