Thank You

Three years of writing never prepared me for this moment. The waves of inspiration, the mountains of papers, the searching for information, the late nights with only the cold breeze filtering through the windows, and the sound of typing without much meditation, will never leave my memory, and so, it will never leave my heart.

I found myself as I typed. I found a new passion, a love I never knew I had, a talent I never thought to expand. I found myself looking in the mirror at the evident tiredness of staying up too late to get to a deadline and saw myself smiling, proud, and satisfied. I felt the ache in my soul when I was kept away from the world I had created. And I found myself protecting the time I needed to write, over anything else, over any type of homework, over any class I liked.

Thanks to the love I had for this art, I found in me a strength I knew I had but had never before wielded with a purpose. I was now protecting something precious to me. And I fought tooth and nail to keep it.

The moment I lost it, I lost myself. And the moment I got it back, I knew where my heart lay.

Every comment, however short, filled me with pride and joy. That something I wrote would gain such a reaction that the other person simply had to write me their thoughts, filled me with gratitude. And though I write for the love of doing it, I found purpose in writing somewhere where everyone could see it because, if I found comfort in writing, someone might find comfort in reading what I write.

It's been three years of writing, two years of uploading, and one year of finally realizing this is something I would never get tired of doing. So, I can proudly and honestly say that you'll read from me again soon enough.

Your devoted writer,

Ela Shadow Rose.