Chapter 39

Inenarratus

Unsolved

Saturday 14th of September, 7:00 AM Jungkook's room in Evanthe.

Jungkook's only alarm on his phone went off.

As if an electric current had shocked him awake, Jungkook sat up, letting the blankets and another person's arm fall from around his midriff.

...wait a second... another person's arm???

He looked beside him... at the fucker that at some moment in the night slithered under his blankets.

- Mmmm, could you turn that off? It's the crack of dawn. - Tom groaned in a deep morning voice, eyes closed, as he tried to pull the covers up again.

Jungkook gritted his teeth, got up from his bed, and pulled at the covers so hard that Tom rolled over and fell from to the feet of his drawing table.

- Is this how you treat your friends? - Tom asked loudly from the floor, unseeing to Jungkook's eyes. Making Jungkook chuckle with malice.

His alarm was still going off so he hurriedly went to his bag beside the drawing table, pulled it out, and turned it off at last. He was about to stand up and turn to interrogate Tom, when the latter jumped and tackled him onto the floor, putting him flat on his back while he hovered over him.

Immediately, Jungkook crossed his arms over his face, heart hammering in his chest, unpleasantly.

- What the fuck is up with you? - He asked a chuckling Tom.

- Is this how you treat your knight in shining armor? -

- I don't know what kind of sick dream you had last night, but I do not consider you that. -

- Are you sure? You were hugging me very tightly. -

Jungkook's face heated up as his breath got cut in his throat and an outraged expression was placed on his face. Because he remembered having dreamt of hugging Taehyung.

This fucker.

Why did you decide to just get in my bed without my permission? - In his outrage, he pulled down his arms to look at him severely. And he regretted it the moment he looked into those heartfelt eyes.

That just made him feel more uncomfortable.

- You were having a nightmare. - Tom said simply, softly, and with a shrug. - I went there to calm you down, and, in your sleep, you wouldn't let me go. - Again, simply. even sweetly.

Jungkook looked away, arms over his head once more. He remembers extremely dimly that he wouldn't let go only because he thought it was Taehyung.

- You do know it wasn't because I thought it was you. - He said quietly.

- Just as well. - Tom replied happily.

The worst part was that Jungkook felt terrible for this whole situation, because his night had been way better after he felt much safer, and he felt disappointed it had been Tom who helped, so he felt like he'd used him in some way as well as he felt used by him because he took advantage of his vulnerability, and he himself took advantage of his feelings.

- I know you thought I was him, don't worry. I'm glad with what I was given. -

- You weren't given anything. - Jungkook frowned, still looking to the side with his arms crossed over his head.