Chapter 34

Adimpletionibus

Realizations

The moment Taehyung left, Jungkook threw himself onto the bed with a smile and rolled over to look up at the ceiling. His heart was going a mile an hour, he felt better since he's eaten, he felt like a lot of tension had left his body along with all those tears and right now he felt relieved and happy. Very peaceful, indeed.

And even though he still had the lingering feeling of anguish of the time when he saw Taehyung running away from him, it couldn't affect him anymore, not with Taehyung's promise fresh in his ear and the feeling of his kiss fresh on his lips.

However, there was a matter that Taehyung had left him with, and it was just how miserable his life actually was.

Jungkook got up from the bed and busied himself with organizing the living room where they ate.

He always had the sense of how Taehyung's life was outside of the moments they spent together, but the way he had cried back there, the way he shook with stifled sobs that ripped away from his heart, the way he held Jungkook like he was his safe line, or like it was the last time he would be hugging him, or like he was afraid Jungkook would get away, or... like he was desperate to be held. It was heartbreaking to see him in such anguish, and also surprising. But, most of all, it was unnerving. Just how much was he keeping to himself to suffer alone when he wasn't alone anymore? However, Jungkook felt confident that Taehyung would indeed try to let him in next time his heart wanted to close off in distress.

Jungkook walked to the kitchen with the paper bag in one hand and rubbish in the other, then he threw away the rubbish and put the paper bag inside the fridge, where he found the plate with cut apple pieces Taehyung had cut that morning. He took it out and placed it on the kitchen counter where he rested his elbows as he ate them absentmindedly.

So, Namjoon's lover was Seokjin. Jungkook couldn't... understand.

Namjoon was such a kind and humble guy, liking to work in the shadows and making sure everything in the library is well organized without expecting anybody to acknowledge his hard work since he doesn't look for attention in it; he was completely terrified when he thought Jungkook had snitched, but once he understood that Jungkook was a friend, he immediately accepted him with open arms, telling him a little about who he had been with behind the shelves and smiling positively adoringly as he told Jungkook they've been together for a year. He looked completely satisfied when he told him how his persistence of a year had paid off and his eyes were like melted honey as he told him -in other words- how this man was way better than anything he had ever had or could've ever dreamed of.

But Seokjin... Jungkook couldn't understand what had happened there. Jungkook would've thought Taehyung had made a mistake in thinking it was him if it hadn't been because Seokjin knew he had been the one that gave Namjoon the drawing.

Humble Namjoon had snobbish Seokjin for a lover... What had he seen in Seokjin that had enthralled him so completely to the point of going at it over and over again for a whole year without wavering? Aside from his gorgeous looks, Jungkook hadn't been able to grasp anything else worth giving his time to. That first impression he got was not inviting enough to want to try to socialize with him any time soon, let alone a whole year.

Love is so weird.

He took the last piece of apple and washed the dish to then let it dry inside the -unplugged- dishwasher, then looked around. However, his eyes immediately stopped in the almost empty bookshelf that Taehyung has only been able to fill a corner of.