Chapter 64

Illae Cogitationes In Occipitio Sunt

Those Thoughts In The Back Of The Head

It was nearly midday and Garrett should be in Human Nature's class along with Jungkook. But Garrett had been kidnaped by someone he thought had been his friend, leaving behind nothing but a horrifying statement that came out of Aureoluz's mouth while in agony. And Jungkook was absent from this class due to his inexplicable need to do something reckless.

A complete contrast of predicaments was happening at the very same time, and neither knew of the other. Just like no one else knew Leo would be running to the nearest bathroom due to mounting anxiety and Finn, terribly worried, waited outside. Or just like no one, not even herself, knew or realized that Emily's theories were taking her down a dangerous road. And even worse, none of them knew who was in the Headmaster's office or what was being discussed there.

The only one that knew all of this was not even known to exist, for people like her had been lost to human memory for far longer than a few thousands of years.

Lamashtu, the caster of the curse, the worst of all-female demons, the mistress of the Darkness. She'd been locked up since Heaven locked away its doors. Correction, she'd been locked up since Ishtar cracked the doors open just enough to come down and lock her in her dungeon.

But Ishtar hadn't paid enough attention. She had been trying to finish her job before the doors would close on her and hadn't realized Lamashtu had done yet another horrific thing: She had tried to turn her hatred into a body to do her bidding for her.

However, it hadn't exactly worked. She too had worked hastily while being chased, so she was only able to give her anger a consciousness of its own to float freely outside her confinement. Henceforth, Darkness came to be.

And just as any good servant would do, he floated back over where he sensed the presence of those two particular souls and tried to find them. He had to find them and connect himself directly to their souls. To kill them again, and again, and again, until those two horrific souls finally ceased to exist, making themselves unable to turn into stars in the afterlife once they've exploded in their agony. Making them suffer so he could have enough power to free his mistress.

He'd been able to find one of the two. The Guilty. He had only been able to find him due to his soul being awakened to the fullest and that could only happen when The Mortal was with him again. But he couldn't find the latter. He knew the current energy coming from The Guilty only happened if The Mortal was around, but he couldn't feel The Mortal around.

He couldn't find him. And as long as one of them was free from his clutches, both of them would have protection that he won't be able to break.

So long as that invisible wall kept The Mortal from his grasp, he won't be able to kill them himself.

And that enraged him.

Rewind.

"The Mortal made his soul untouchable."

Lamashtu opened her eyes. And the corners of her pale lips turned downwards.

An untouchable soul is an invisible human to Darkness. So, he couldn't be harmed.

An inconvenience.

It has been an ongoing battle since the dawn of time between her and that man made of mud. It seems like fighting against her had been so deeply carved in his soul that, even if his new brain can't remember, he still manages to slip away and live.