Two

02x03Save the Last One------

02x03
Save the Last One
------

Adelaine was sitting on the couch in the Greene's living room when the front door opened. She saw Glenn and T-Dog walk in and she rushed over and pulled Glenn into a hug.

"Hey." He wrapped his arms around her.

"I tried to save him-- I-i tried." she whispered. Glenn nodded.

"I know you did Addy." He put a hand on the back of her head. "Where is he?"

Adelaine pulled away and motioned for them to follow. She walked them to the room that Carl was in with Maggie following behind them.

"Hey." Glenn took off his hat.

"Hey." Rick said keeping his attention on Carl.

"Um, we're here, okay?" Glenn told them.

"Thank you." Lori nodded at them."

"Whatever you need." T-Dog said. They only got a nod in reply so they all left and went elsewhere.

------

Adelaine heard coughing and ran into the room to see Carl awake with Lori and Rick by his bedside. Hershel and Evan were on the other side.

"Addy." He whispered and she crouched down next to him.

"Hi bud." she chuckled.

"Where are we?" He asked as he looked between her and his parents.

"That's Hershel and Evan. We're in their house. You had an accident. All right?" Rick tells his son.

"It hurts, a lot." Carl squirmed.

"Oh baby, I know. I know." Lori said.

"Addy, you should have seen it." Addy looked at Carl and saw a small smile on his face.

"Seen what?" she asked.

"The deer. It was so pretty, Ads. It was so close. Mia would have liked it." Addy smiled sadly at the boy while his parents looked at her confused.

Carl was one of the only people that knew about her daughter. She told him one day at camp when he found a picture of her.

"I've never been...." Carl trailed off and he froze.

"Carl?" Addy and Rick called.

"What's happening?" Rick asked. Suddenly Carls body started seizing.

"Don't. It's a seizure." Hershel told them. "If you hold him down, you could hurt him."

"You can't stop it?" Lori asked frantically.

Rick pulled Lori into his arms while Evan put a hand on Addy's arm. She turned and hid her face in his chest. He held her to his chest and put a hand on the back of her head.