The Same Boat

"We've got a Carol, Adelaine, and Maggie

"We've got a Carol, Adelaine, and Maggie. I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about."

Panic etched itself into Evan's face as he searched frantically for where the hell someone was holding his wife and sister.

His pregnant wife and sister.

This wasn't only them, but his son and niece or nephew.

Adelaine felt pure guilt as she listened to the ginger haired woman. Everyone told her to stay home, everyone had their concerns about her going to the compound but she ignored them.

She was selfish.

All because she was scared of what could happen to her husband, all because she didn't want to be separated from him. All because she didn't want to feel useless.

"First I want to talk to Maggie, Adelaine, and Carol, make sure they're all right." she heard Rick's voice. He wanted to make a trade but she knew they wouldn't go for it. One of theirs for all three of them? It didn't make sense.

"I'm gonna put you on, you say you're fine. I'll know if you try anything else." the redhead told all three of them. She approached Carol first, grabbing the woman.

"Rick, it's Carol. I-I'm I'm fine, but-" the woman pushed her away, moving onto Maggie.

"Rick it's Maggie, we're all okay. Well figure this-" the woman cut her off moving onto Adelaine.

Only she didn't want to speak to Rick, she needed to let Evan know she's okay and their son is okay. "Rick, Evan, we're fine. The baby and I are both fine, don't wo-"

"Enough, shut up." the redhead pushed her away and she glared at her with a clenched jaw.

"You have your proof. Let's talk." the woman spoke into the walkie.

"This is the deal right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live." Rick told them.

"Three for one, that's not much of a trade." the woman said.

"You don't have another choice or you would've done something about it already." Rick spoke.

"We have to get him back." the man of the group said.

"Primo can take care of himself." redhead said.

"He can patch me up. I need him, thanks to that knocked up bitch." the man narrowed his eyes at Adelaine. The woman glared back at him, not the slightest bit intimidated. He would have killed Maggie, she had to shoot him. And he's lucky she didn't aim to kill him. "You lost your balls, Paula. You should've shot her in the head so they could hear her die."

"If you could just shut up, I'll solve this." 'Paula' said to him.

"Then make the deal or we go in."

"She said shut up, so shut it." the older lady said. "You should be glad she doesn't have a sack of gonads to trip over."