The Cell & Service

- - - - -

- - - - -

"Evan stop!" Adelaine giggled as her husband kissed her neck and tickled her sides. 

"What?" he laughed, pulling back to look at her. "I love hearing you laugh."

"Shut up." she pushed his face away. He chuckled and placed his hands on her belly, leaning down so he was eye level with her bump. "You like when mommy laughs to huh? You like when she's happy?"

Adelaine giggled but got cut short when she felt a small kick to her stomach. Evans head shot up to meet her gaze as she smiled softly down at him. "D-Did they just kick?"

"Yup." she grinned. "They've been doing it since you left for that run. I think it's because you weren't here to talk to them for a while."

"Oh my gosh." Evan was grinning like a mad man as he felt around her belly for another kick. Adelaines eyes softened when she saw his eyes welling with tears. 

"Evan..." she said softly.

"Sorry it's just- I know Mia's my daughter and I love her so much but I've never...this will be my first baby baby. I missed out on this with Mia." he said softly. "It makes me emotional."

She smiled, running her hands through his hair. "Our children are so lucky to have you as their daddy." 

"I'm lucky to have them." he smiled. "And you. I wouldn't make it in this world without you." 

"I love you." she smiled as he leaned up to kiss her.

"I love you so much more."

A loud bang made Evan shoot up from his sleep. He squinted in the light as the door to his cell was pulled open. His bare skin was covered in goosebumps from the cooler air coming from outside the small dark room.

This had been the ritual for the last few days that Evan had been held captive by Negan. He was kept bare, fed barely any food and if it was anything it was dog food on a bun. 

Everyday he woke up from dreams of his wife and daughter. His sister. Glenn.

He's holding on for them. They're his reason for waking up every day and being so far from them takes all that will away from him.

"Put it on." Dwight threw an oversized pair of sweats at him and a sweatshirt with an A on it. Evan squinted up at him and didn't move an inch. "You wanna live another day? Put the shit on."

Evan glared at him but reluctantly pulled the clothes on. Dwight grabbed him by the back collar and began pulling him down the hallway. "Boss wants to see you."

"Why?" Evan muttered.

"Beats me." Dwight scoffed.

The two men made their way through the corridors until Evan was pushed into a room. Inside the room stood none other than the bastard that put him in this situation. His chest began to heave out of pure anger and resentment towards the man.