This Sorrowful Life

The group was working together to try and clean up the prison and make some reinforcements

The group was working together to try and clean up the prison and make some reinforcements. Evan was stood at the outside of one of the tombs fixing a door.

"Hey." he turned and saw Daryl walking towards him. "You seen Merle around?"

Evan only shook his head and continued what he was doing. Daryl came over and helped him hold the door up.

"He say he was sorry yet?" Daryl asked. "Cause he is." Evan ignored him and kept doing what he was doing. "He's gonna make it right. I'm gonna make him. There's got to be a way. Just needs to be a little forgiveness is all."

"He tied me to a chair, beat me, and threw a walker in the room." Evan finally spoke. "Maybe I could call it even. But he-- he took Adelaine to a man who terrorized her, humiliated her. And she got shot and won't ever walk the same. I care more about her than I care about me."

Daryl grabbed his crossbow and walked away without another word.

------

Adelaine was in her cell when Beth and Katherine walked in.

"Hi." she greeted.

"Can you help me feed Judith? She won't drink the bottle." Beth told her as she held Judith in her arms.

"Sure." Adelaine took Judith from Beth and adjusted her in her arms. She took the bottle and held it up to Judith's mouth. "C'mon babygirl."

Judith lifted her tiny hands and started drinking the milk from the bottle.

"Jeez you're like the baby whisperer." Katherine said. Beth chuckled.

"Guess we know who her favorite is."

Adelaine laughed and looked down at Judith.

"Have either of you seen Evan?" she asked. "He was doing something outside, but Mia said she wanted him for something."

"She really likes him, huh?" Katherine asked.

"I'm starting to think she likes him more than me." Adelaine laughed. "She came in here last night to sleep and when she climbed into bed she just cuddled up to him."

"You guys are cute." Beth smiled. Adelaine gave her a look.

"He really loves you." Katherine told her sister. "I thought he was gonna make a hole in the floor with all the pacing he was doing when you were shot."

"I love him." Adelaine shrugged. "Never thought I'd love someone in that way again."

"You know, you once told me there's no time for a relationship in this world." Beth said. "Kind of hypocritical don't you think?"