Six

02x07Pretty Much Dead Already------

02x07
Pretty Much Dead Already
------

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this." Shane told Rick as the group stood outside the barn.

Carl backed into Adelaine and she put her hands over his shoulders so they rested on his chest holding him close to her.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick said.

"This is our lives!" Shane exclaimed.

"Lower your voice." Glenn hissed.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea said.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." T-Dog added.

"Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time--"

"We're not leaving." Adelaine cut Shane off.

"Why not Addy?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol spoke up.

"Okay." Shane dragged his hands down his face. "Okay I think it's time that we all start to just consider the possibility."

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick said.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl steps in.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane said.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Daryl snapped.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours."

"Shane, stop." Rick tried.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Shane shouted.

Daryl tries to get to Shane while Rick gets in the middle of the two men. Everyone steps in and pulls the two apart.

"Keep your hands off me." Shane snapped at Lori.

"Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Rick said.

"What are you gonna figure out!?" Shane shouted.

"If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land."

"Hershel sees those things in there as people." Dale stepped in. "Sick people-- his wife, his stepson."

"You knew?" Rick asked him.

"Yesterday I talked to Hershel."

"And you waited the night?" Shane snapped then turned to Adelaine. "Did you know too? Did your little boyfriend tell you?"