Spend

- - -

- - -

Adelaine was walking to the infirmary to see if they had any vitamins for her but she ran into Spencer. She looked up at him and glared before continuing on her way.

"Adelaine, let's talk." he said and followed after her.

"I don't want to talk to you." she shook her head.

"I just want to see Mia."

"Leave Mia alone." she glared daggers at him.

"I'm just trying to get to know her." he shrugged.

"You don't need to get to know her!" she whispered harshly. "She's not your daughter."

"But she is my daughter Adelaine." Spencer stepped towards her.

"She is not!" Adelaine uncrossed her arms. "She's my daughter, I raised her not you. I gave up my college career not you. I pushed my entire life to the side for her, not you! As far as I'm concerned, you're nothing more than a fucking sperm donor."

"Oh but I suppose Evan's done all that for her too right? He's her father?"

"He saved her damn life when she had a virus and almost died!" Adelaine scoffed. "He puts her life before his own because he loves her! You don't love her Spencer. You abandoned her."

"Okay but I love you!" he tried to put his hands on her face but she stepped back and smacked his hands away.

"Don't fucking touch me!" she looked at him angrily. "I'm not here to have a heart to heart with you, I'm here to tell you to leave my daughter alone. You are a stranger to her and you don't fucking go up to a four year old kid and try to talk to them."

"Adelaine--" he stepped towards her angrily but was immediately pushed back. Adelaine looked up at Evan as he put himself between the two of them.

"If I ever see you try to put your hands on my girl again, I'll beat your ass into the ground." Evan threatened. Adelaine crossed her arms and watched.

"You don't even know me." Spencer shook his head.

"I don't need to know you." Evan told him. "I'm gonna protect her until the day I die."

"Whatever. I'm just trying to know my daughter but you're both being selfish. I bet you're just afraid she'll like me better than you."

Evan laughed humorlessly. "You think my little princess is gonna choose you over me? I'm the one that's saved her life and protected her like my life depended on it. I've helped Adelaine raise her a hell of a lot more than you have. It's not being selfish, it's being realistic. Because Mia doesn't need you messing with her head and telling her you're her father. You're the asshole that didn't want her."

"Adelaine and I have a history." he said.

"Exactly, history because it's in the past. It's been years, get over yourself because she doesn't need you." Evan told him.