Three

02x04Cherokee Rose------

02x04
Cherokee Rose
------

Addy was outside with the Greene family and a few others, collecting rocks for the service they were holding for Otis. They heard the sound of a motorcycle and looks into the distance to see the rest of the group driving up.

Inside the house, Lori and Rick were sat at Carl's bedside when he started to stir.

"Baby?" Lori sat up.

"Carl?" Rick asked.

"Sophia?" Carl looked between his friends. "Is she okay?"

"Fine." Rick said. "She's fine."

"Rest." Lori told her son.

"W-where's Addy?" Carl asked.

"She's outside. You'll see her soon, don't worry." Rick told him. Carl nodded and went back to sleep.

Rick and Lori went back outside after T-Dog came in and informed them that the group was there.

"How is he?" Dale asked.

"He'll pull through." Lori nodded. "Thanks to Hershel and his people. And Addy she gave some blood." Adelaine smiled at them.

"And Shane." Rick added. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him."

Everyone stepped forward and hugged them.

"How'd it happen?" Dale asked.

"A hunting accident." Adelaine spoke up. "That's all-- just a stupid accident."

------

"Shane, will you speak for Otis?" Hershel asked as they all stood around the small service for Otis.

"I'm not good at it." Shane shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"You were the last one with him. You shared his final moments." Patricia croaked out. "Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning."

"Okay." Shane started. "We were about done. Almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. 'We've got to save the boy.' See that's what he said. He gave me his backpack he shoved me ahead. 'Run,' he said. He said 'I'll take the rear. I'll cover you.' And when I looked back."

Adelaine rubbed Maggie and Evan's back as tears gathered in their eyes. Shane stepped forward and grabbed a rock and stacking it with the others.

"If not for Otis, I'd have never made it out alive. And that goes for Carl too. It was Otis. He saved us both. If any death ever had meaning, it was his."

Adelaine looked across and her eyes met Daryl they both shared a look saying Shane was lying about something.

------