Seed

"We've got no place left to go

"We've got no place left to go." T-Dog said as Adelaine rolled out a map onto the hood of the car.

It's been eight months since they left the farm and they had been on the road ever since.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." Adelaine motioned on the map. "We'll never make it south."

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asked Glenn and Evan.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." Glenn answered.

"This river could have delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there." Hershel said.

"Yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way." Evan pointed out.

"So we're blocked." Maggie sighed.

"Only thing to do is double back at 27 and swing towards Greenville." Rick said.

"Yeah, we picked through that already." T-Dog told him. "It's like we spent the winter going in circles."

"Yeah, I know. I know. At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house." Rick looked over at Lori. "Need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks."

"All right. It cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long. We got to fill up on water. We can boil it later."

"Knock yourself out."

Adelaine rolled up the map and walked to the car to put it away. She opened the door and felt hands on her hips. She smiled and turned to face her boyfriend.

Evan and Adelaine were better than ever. He made her happier than she'd been in a long time. Even while living in the middle of an apocolypse he somehow managed to make her feel loved and happy.

"Hi baby." Evan pecked her lips.

"Hi." she chirped and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm gonna go with T-dog and get the water." he told her.

"Okay, be careful out there." She brushed his hair out of his face.

"I will. I love you." he grinned.

"I love you too." Adelaine smiled and kissed him again.

"Hey, while the others wash their panties and when you two finish sucking each others faces off, let's go hunt." Daryl said.

Adelaine rolled her eyes. Evan pecked her lips and went off with the others.

"Don't be jealous Dare-Bear." Adelaine smirked. Daryl scoffed and Rick laughed.

The three made their way through the woods and onto old traintracks. They got to a clearing and looked out to see a prison overrun with walkers.

"That's a shame." Daryl muttered. Adelaine nodded before she looked at Rick.