Nine

02x10Judge, Jury, Executioner------

02x10
Judge, Jury, Executioner
------

"So what are you gonna do?" Lori asked her husband as the group stood around the camp waiting for Daryl to get back from inarrogating Randall. "We'd all feel better if we knew the plan."

"Is there a plan?" Andrea asked.

"We gonna keep him here?" Glenn asked.

"We'll know soon enough." Rick replied as Daryl approached.

"Boy there's got a gang, 30 men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna-- they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked looking at his bloody knuckles.

"Had a little chat." Daryl answered.

"No one goes near this guy." Rick told the group.

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori asked.

"We have no choice. He's a threat." Rick said. "We have to eliminate the threat."

"You're just gonna kill him?" Dale questioned.

"It's settled. I'll do it today." Rick announced. Dale followed after him when he walked away.

Adelaine ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

"Well this is just fantastic." she voiced. Several people looked at her and she threw her hands up. "Sorry, not the time."

She turned to face Maggie and Evan and nodded towards the group. "Tough crowd."

------

Adelaine sat next to Carl by Sophia's grave.

"You miss her?" she asked the boy as she rested her arms on her knees.

"Yes. Besides you she was my bestfriend." Carl said. "You know it wasn't your fault right?"

"I know." Adelaine nodded. "I just wish that there was more I could have done. I know what it's like to lose your daughter and nobody should ever have to go through that."

"We'll find Mia. She might be somewhere safe with other people. Maybe we'll find her and then you can be a family."

Adelaine furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?"

"You, Mia, and Evan." Carl said. Adelaine bit the inside of her cheek and looked down.

"I don't know if he'd want that." She told him. She thought back to the thing he said in the bar the other day. "He might care about me, but a child is a lot of responsibility. Especially in this world, I wouldn't want that to burden him. I don't even think we're together yet."