No Way Out

Adelaines pain only got worse. She tried her best to keep quiet but she couldn't help but let out small cries.

Maggie was trying everything to help the woman.

Katherine was with Ricks group, having sent Mia with Gabriel to keep the girl safe. Mia tried to persuade her aunt into letting her stay but Katherine knew she had to make sure Mia was safe.

Evan, Glenn, and Enid managed to get inside the walls and they made a run for a church. They searched the place for any bullets or guns and only came up with a few.

"How are we supposed to get to them?" Enid asked Evan before they left.

"Glenn and I will distract the walkers while you climb the wall and get up to them. You help them get over the wall, Adelaine can't do it on her own because of her leg." Evan said.

"And her baby bump, she's gonna need extra help." Glenn added.

"Okay." Enid nodded her head.

•~•~•

"Maggie you should go." Adelaine told her. "The other side of the wall has cleared, climb down, get in a vehicle and go find Evan and Glenn."

"No, I'm not leaving." Maggie shook her head.

"Maggie, I can't get down because of my leg!" Adelaine and Maggie locked eyes. "You have a chance, so go."

"No." Maggie shook her head and fixed Adelaines brace up.

"Mag-"

"Im not leaving you up here! You're my sister and I can't lose you." Maggie snapped. Adelaine leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes.

The growling around them filled her ears as she let darkness consume her. Maggie sighed and looked over the edge seeing the walkers were now shaking the post even more.

"There's to many of them." she said. Adelaine looked over as well and sighed. She didn't want to die, not yet. It would absolutely ruin Evan to lose three of the most important people to him at once.

"Look maybe we can distract them somehow-" Adelaine was cut off when gunshots started going off.

Both women snapped their heads down to see their husbands running towards the walkers.

"Hey! Over here!" The two men charged through the walkers without an ounce of fear in their bodies.

"Evan." Adelaine whispered at the same time Maggie whispered Glenn's name.

"Maggie! Adelaine!" the two looked over and saw Enid walking towards them on the wall. Maggie moved towards her but Adelaine continued to panic over her husband and best friend being swarmed by the walkers.

"Evan!" she yelled at him. "Run!"

Evan pushed the walkers back as best he could, continuing to shoot at them. They started moving away from the guard tower leaving it more stable.

As the crowd of walkers grew bigger Adelaine and Maggie tried shooting at them but eventually ran out of bullets. Her worst fear was coming true. She can't lose Evan, for her own sake as well as their children. Her mind flooded with images of her husband getting torn to shreds by the flesh eating monsters down below.

"No! Hey! Up here!" Adelaine started banging her gun against the wood, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Get over! Climb over!" Glenn yelled up at them.

Evan and Glenn continued yelling and screaming at the walkers while Adelaine and Maggie tried to lure them back to the guard post. They both let out terrified screams of their names as the walkers surrounded them completely.