19. Love the way your body's built

By: @wonce_km
Jimin's entire life has been shaped by ballet; he's met his close friends through the art, the music he listens to, what he eats and even the way he stands. Everything he does is shrouded in the shadow of his career. He enjoys it though, how light he feels on stage and the eruption of applause when he does a certain spin or smiles a certain way at the audience.

However, being a ballerino requires expertise, physique and dedication many don't care to understand. He must be in shape 24/7, so his body is constantly being trained and sculpted. His next performance is two weeks from today and Jimin hates to admit that he's slacked off on so called "body maintenance." He's been drinking more than usual and indulging in late night snacks which has caused him to lose some of the muscle in his thighs and abdomen.

Jimin sighs, yanking open the door of the 24-hour gym a few blocks down from his apartment. Immediately his senses are overwhelmed by the sound of sneakers squeaking, the scent of sweat and pine and the familiar whir of numerous treadmills.

"Jimin! I haven't seen you in a while." The front desk clerk, Chae Hyungwon, greets. He's a tall guy; handsome and should be modeling somewhere instead of working at a gym.

"Hey, Hyungwon." Jimin whips out his membership card and swipes it through the card reader. "Caught myself slacking these past few months, so I'm here now."

Hyungwon laughs and Jimin stares at him perplexedly, trying to figure out what could be so funny.

"Sorry, it's just—you look like you really don't want to be here." Hyungwon flashes a sheepish smile.

Jimin smiles thinly, opting to not respond. He's always regarded his relationship with the gym as the love-hate kind. He hates the feeling of judgement the second he steps through the doors but loves the rush of adrenaline once he starts working out.

"Am I in the usual room?" Jimin asks.

Hyungwon nods.

"Thanks." Jimin turns to walk away, tucking his membership card away and slinging his gym bag over his shoulders.

"Oh!" Hyungwon exclaims.

Jimin looks over his shoulder, "What?"

"There was a guy a few moments ago who asked for that room."

Must be the trainer. "Okay, thanks again."

The trainer. Jimin's manager claimed he was the best fitness trainer in Seoul.

"The guy has millions of followers on Instagram."

"So? That doesn't really matter, Tae." Jimin mutters. "They're probably following because he likes to show a lot of skin."

"That's a bit judgmental, even for you."

Jimin rolls his eyes, "If you say he's good, fine."

Taehyung beams, "Perfect! Your first session is Monday morning at 9AM."

So here he is now, standing outside of the training room that's reserved for him. Jimin hopes this guy can keep up with his pace. He's gone through numerous trainers who claimed Jimin "worked too hard" or "was too much" or that he didn't know what he was doing. Jimin's response remained the same: It's my body, of course I know what the hell I'm doing.

Jimin reaches for the doorknob, but it opens before he has the chance to wrap a hand around it. He startles a bit, taking a step back and staring wide-eyed at the person who opened the door.

"Jimin?" the guy asks.

The first thing Jimin notices are his big, brown eyes and the way his chestnut hair frames his face. Fuck. He's cute.