Chapter 20: Since You've Been Gone

Chapter 20: 3 Months Later

Colsen and I have been broken up for a good three months. Let me just say that these have been three good months.

Well, For me at least. In these past three months, I've learned how to love who I am, even though I still have those times where I get super depressed. I mean, everyone had those times. I've spent more time around my friends and enjoying my life.

There have also been no signs of the Erudite, which is pretty good. Maybe the food serum worked. I'm crossing my fingers that it did. 

Also, over the past few months, rumors have been spreading like wildfires around Dauntless that Steven never leaves his house anymore. He never ever leaves his house.

His friends have been doing everything for him that involves leaving his house. I guess that really shows how much of a coward he really is.

The guy can't even get enough confidence to face me, which just proves that he's a coward. I had enough courage to come back and just live my life after all that's happened, but he can't do that.

Right Now, I'm finishing up a tattoo for a customer.

They asked for a flower around their ear. I asked what flower, and the woman replied with, "It doesn't really matter," so I gave her a sunflower.

I finish up the woman's tattoo, and send her to the cash register to check out. She hands the man, Bud, at the cash register, two Dauntless Credits, and walks out.

Bud tosses me one of the Dauntless Credits, and tells me that it's my tip. I look at my watch, and see that my shift is over. I work from nine in the morning until six at night right now. I smile.

"See you tomorrow Tori, Bye Bud!" I shout at them as I jog out of the darkness that is the tattoo parlor. They reply back shouting See ya! And Bye!

Just then, Amanda Blugelburg, one of my friends from initiation, a girl from Amity, who doesn't seem like she came from Amity, runs up to me.

"Maddie!" She shouts breathlessly. "What?" I ask, with somewhat of a chuckle added in.

"Come... To... The Chasm.... Quick." She replies in between breaths.

"Why?" I ask as I feel my eyebrows furrow. Is it some kind of a fight or something? I'm a little bit confused.

"Just come on," she yells, and then drags me by my arm down the paths on the walls of the pit, toward the chasm.

We pass by these large rock columns, and in between each column I only get a glimpse of many bodies smashed together, forming a crowd.

They all scream, and some gasp. I purse my lips together.

"Did you bring me down here to show me a pit concert?" I say, looking down at Amanda, seeing only the mop of black hair that's dip dyed blonde that she has.

She shakes her head in the darkness that surrounds her. "Worse." She simply says, and I bite my lip.

We push past people in the crowd. I then speed up and shove past everyone, my eyebrows creased on my forehead. I make it all the way to the front, where I see two Dauntless men pulling something up with ropes.

When the something comes into visibility, I soon realize that it isn't a something.

It's a someone.

A/N: ****rewritten on 7/21/16
😱 I'm bad... I know. Anyway, who do you think it is? Hunter?
Olivia?
Some initiate who's after Tobias or Tris, and pushes Tobias/Tris into the chasm?
Colsen?
Someone random?
Anyway, I haven't been able to update... Which I hate, but DETERGENT now has 15K reads, and I have 150 followers. So I'm updating this in honor of that. Savor this update, because it may be a week or two until I update again.