Open Your Heart

Riko's POV

After eating lunch with Yocchan, I hurriedly walk back towards our classroom. When I arrive, I put my bento box on my table and proceeded to sit next to my best friends.

"Hey Riko-chan! How was your lunch date with Yoshiko-chan?" Chika-chan asked as soon as I arrive.

"I could asked you the same thing you know? And please don't call it a date, just a normal lunch." I replied and slumped down comfortably on the sit.

"Geez Riko-chan, you always get so cranky when it comes to Yoshiko-chan." I didn't answer back as I turned my attention towards the scenery outside the window.

"Ummm.. Riko-chan?" You-chan asked hesitantly and I turned around to face her. She was constantly quiet since I arrive. I raised my brow as an indication for her to keep going.

"Did you and Yoshiko-chan talk it out yesterday?" I shake my head at the question.

"No. She didn't even get out of her room yesterday night. And today whenever I decided to ask her she always finds a way to change the subject." I finished my statement with a sigh.

"That feels like a real pain Riko-chan." Chika-chan once again commented and I flatly ignored her. Sighing, I stood up from my sit and returned to my desk.

When I arrive, I cleaned my desk and organized my notebooks. I fished out all the things I needed for my next class when suddenly, I dropped some of my papers. Groaning, I picked all of them one by one. But one paper seemed to be a little different so I took it out to take a look.

"Hmm? That's a first years paperwork, Riko-chan." Chika-chan point out to the paper I'm holding.

"Yes. I think Yocchan left it on my bag by accident. I'm going to deliver this to her."

"Okay. Just hurry up. You don't want to be late for class!" I nodded and immediately walked out from the classroom.

I walked along the corridors heading towards the first year's classroom when I heard some voices near the girls bathroom.

"Wha? Zuramaru?" I smiled as soon as I recognized her voice. I walked quietly trying to surprised her.

"I-I-I love you Yoshiko-chan! Not just a friend but more than that!" I immediately stopped when I heard that statement. It felt like something broke within me and anger begins to feel my head.

"I-I know that you don't love me. I'm not even your mate. But I gotta say this. I felt a need to say this! I.....I-"

I took a peek behind the corner to see what was happening. But I immediately regretted it as soon as I saw my beloved Yocchan, was hugging another girl who isn't me.

"Thank you Zuramaru for telling me your true feelings." Having seen enough of this hurtful scene, I ran back towards our classroom without looking back.

I slammed the door open when I arrive causing my classmates to look at me. I walk towards my seat, not caring on how my classmates just keep staring at me. I sighed heavily as the numbness on my body kept spreading.

A minute later, the teacher arrived as soon as the bell rang. The classes went on but my mind keep returning to that hurtful moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Classes went on without any trouble as we currently just finished our lessons. I hurriedly put my things inside my bag and went out of the classroom.

"H-Hey Riko-chan! Wait for us!" Chika-chan yelled and I stopped momentarily to wait for them.

"You seemed so down ever since you went to give Yoshiko-chan's paper earlier Riko-chan. Did something happened between you two?"