Your true potential

Ruby's POV

In my life, I have always been dependent to those people that sorrounds me. I've never tried to show a little bit of strength. Therefore, I have always been lock away in my own shell.

My name is Kurosawa Ruby, a very shy girl. When I was little, I always hide behind my sister's back. In everything I do, I always ask for her help.

But when I was chosen to be the heir of our house because of my sister's engagement with the other family, I tried to be independent. And that never worked out as I cowered myself in fear of failures.

For all this time, I was alone. But my loneliness was driven away when I met Hanamaru-chan. Because of our similar personality, we became friends really fast. And I was glad that I have found a very caring friend.

And when I'm in highschool, I became friends with Yoshiko-chan, a very charming friend. She was my turning point in showing my love in heroes.

It also reminds me of the few things I like to share with my older sister. Being a hero is what we wanted, until my sister stopped because she told me that family comes first.

But I know that I'm far to weak to be like that. And when Yoshiko-chan told me that they're going to start a hero club, I was amazed by their bravery.

And when I saw their mock battle, I was really fascinated. But the one thing that surprised me, is when Maru-chan ask me to join the hero-club with her.

Overwhelmed by excitement, I agreed to join. And they were glad to accept us in their club. And now, I can't wait on how far I could stand on this training.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A week had passed since that time, and I'm really enjoying my time in this club. After Chika-chan briefly explained to us about the skill test with my sister, I'm more determined to show her how much I grown-up.

And with the help of my caring friends, I was filled with power to work harder than ever. With only four days before the test, we have decided to have a mock battle once again.

"So, how do we decide this match?" Yoshiko-chan stated. "What do you mean?" Chika-chan replied and I nodded along with her not understanding her point.

"She meant to say that who fights against who, zura." Hanamaru-chan explained and we immediately understood.

"Oh! Then we draw lots of course!" Chika-senpai declared. "How about the remaining one? since we can only provide two pairs in each match." You-chan immediately asked.

"Then she could challenge whoever she choose, but first, she have to be the mediator for both match!" She smiled satisfied at her own suggestion.

"Ok then, let's get started." Yoshiko-chan stated as she pulled a stick followed by each one of us.

I got a red stick, Maru-chan got the blue stick, Chika-chan got the blue stick, You-chan got the orange stick, and Yoshiko-chan got the red stick.

"Then let's start with my match!" Chika-chan declared as she looked at Hanamaru-chan happily. "I-umm pretty weak zura." She answered nervously.

"Don't worry Zuramaru." Yoshiko-chan said flatly. "Remember what you have learned so far and also learned while you also fight." She continued tapping Hanamaru-chan's shoulder.

"But I don't think I can do this." Hanamaru-chan replied hesitantly. "Don't worry, you trained hard to get this far. And as one of my little demon, I assure you my power!" Yoshiko-chan stated as she posed dramatically.

Ever since we trained together, I learned about Yoshiko-chan's fallen angel shitck. We are quite fond of it because it has a positive effect on us, like how she encourage us and give us confidence.