"If You Loved Me"

A/N: Hi everyone, welcome back! I've got a new one for you, and it is a second part to my story titled "Chances." I got a couple requests for a second part, so here you go! Of course, let me know what you think in the comments. Take care 💚💟 - C
Song: "If You Loved Me" by GRACEY
Rating: Everyone

***

I should've known that night at the reunion would not be the last time I would see Angus MacGyver. There was a lot to say and a lot of time to make up for - everywhere from who we were at seventeen to who we've become nearly fifteen years later. It had felt like a lifetime since I had seen him, but I had never seen him in the way I suddenly see him now.

As sweet as that night was getting to know each other all over again, the next day I was slated to go back home to the East coast. But, neither of us wanted to give up this chance to see where our relationship could go. So, against my better judgement, we agreed to do the long-distance thing.

So, flash forward six months later, and our whim of a relationship is still going strong - much better than either of us ever expected, honestly. I was always convinced that long-distance relationships couldn't work, but it feels different with Mac.

Still, that doesn't mean it's been easy by any means. Actually, lately it feels like something is missing between us. I want to know that our relationship is going somewhere, but we seem to be stuck in a rut.

"Can we stop and just get real? This is messing with my head again. You're not sure of how you feel. If you loved me, you would know, if you loved me."

Today, as I'm contemplating the ins and outs of my romantic woes, I get a knock on the door of my DC apartment.

When I open the door, I'm met by a small-statured woman with dark hair. "Um, hello?"

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"I'm Matilda Webber, director and oversight of the Phoenix Foundation."

Ah, Matty Webber. Mac has definitely mentioned her before. I greet her warmly, albeit confused by the present situation, "Ms. Webber, I've heard a lot about you. But, if you don't mind my asking, why are you here in Washington?"

"I have some business to attend to here. And I've also heard very much about you. I've been told you are one of the top agents in the Defense Intelligence Agency. Now, the Phoenix could use your help."

"So, you're reaching out to me for a job?"

"It's just one operation with the Phoenix team. Have you heard of D77?"

I beckon Ms. Webber into my apartment at the sound of that name. After all, one can never be too careful as to who may be overhearing. When I close the door, I admit, "Of course. My agency has spent years trying to track them down."

"I've gotten some interesting intel to a promising lead. The DIA knows the group better than anyone. With your help, we could bring the terrorist organization down once and for all."

I nod resolutely and without hesitation. "When do I leave?"

***

And, before I know it, I'm on the next flight to LA. Mac and I have visited each other several times over the past six months, but never for work. It will actually be a nice treat to officially work together, and it will be the first time since that night at the class reunion. Gosh, it was such a high working together that night. That high lasted a while, but it feels like it's fizzled out a bit lately. Maybe that's why I feel so uncertain about our future.