Chapter 3

Nyssa POV:

After school, I joined Elena and her friends at the Mystic Grill

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie is telling us, sounding slightly freaked out.

I had heard talk about stuff like this about Bonnie's Grams for a while now, honestly, I've always tempted to seek her out and ask about myself... if she had ever come across someone like me but every time I got close I would think of the promise I had made to the man who sacrificed himself for me and my mother and it always stopped me. 

Caroline just rolls her eyes, "yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens. So then what" She turns to ask Elena, 

"So then nothing..." Elena tells her slightly confused about what Caroline is after. 

"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy-feely of any kind?" 

Elena smiles, "nope. We didn't go there."

Thank god, I think to myself.

"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut." 

Caroline chastises her sounding incredibly disappointed which strikes me as slightly odd, I had thought she was into Stefan as well, wouldn't a lack of action on Elena's part mean she might still have a chance.

"We just talked for hours," Elena tells us sounding drunk on the romance of it all.

"OK, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!"

"Profound," I say piping in, if Caroline was like me she would have dove headfirst over that line triggering her change as soon as she had a willing taker. 

Honestly, I'm slightly envious of her, she is just 100% herself and doesn't give a damn if anyone is okay with it or not. It must be freeing.

Elena gets up suddenly surprising me,

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks, 

"Caroline's right. It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do... Nis, would you come with me?"

Crap, I suppose I better if my suspicions about Stefan are correct.

"Yeah, of course." 

We drove over to the old Salvatore Boarding House, I had driven by it before but never been inside, I was actually looking forward to it. I've always imagined it to be something like Hogwarts... great why did I think that? Now I'm craving jelly beans.

Elena goes to the front door and knocks, the door seems to open by itself. She gives me a look before slowly peeking inside, "Stefan? Stefan?"

We both move further into the house when a crow flies in behind us. We look to each other before looking forward again but this time the vamp from the woods is in front of us.

I grab Elena by the hand a forcefully move her to stand behind me, this causes the vampire to smirk.

"we're... um we're sorry for barging in. The door was...open," she stutters trying to explain our presence.

Now that she mentions it the door is firmly shut making us look foolish. He smirks again and I want to wipe that crooked smile right off his face.