Augustine Part 1

A/N: Her transformation is coming and then lots and lots of smut I am hoping just 1 more chapter after this one will have us there so stay tuned!

3rd Person POV:

A few days later...

Damon had met enough shady characters in his life that procuring the explosives had been a relatively easy task. But now that he was standing outside the place of his torment it all just seemed too easy.

For years he had been exacting revenge on the relatives of his torturer. Killing all but one of each generation only to repeat the massacre when the next had been born and grown. But this was something final, there would be no second or third act of this vengeance. Once Augustine was truly defeated there wouldn't be much point in continuing on.

It would mean he'd have to really confront how it was he had escaped and the person he had left behind to save himself. He didn't regret it, if he had stayed he'd have died and if there was one thing Damon was glad to have learned from Katherine, it was survival.

But Enzo had been his friend, and he'd been responsible for the fire that ended his life. He was too distracted by performing for and punishing those around him to notice in time.

Speaking of noticing in time... Damon felt a sting in his neck as though he had been bit by a monster mosquito he went to cover the source of the pain with his hand but started to feel woozy and then suddenly there was darkness.

When he came to he was in an alleyway looking at Nyssa.

"What the hell just happened?"

Nyssa crouched down in front of him pulling a stick from her back pocket,
"I made a vervain blow dart, turns out it works pretty well."

Damon narrowed his eyes at her completely confused by her actions, "you vervained me, why?"

"To show you why you need someone in there with you who has your back," Nyssa explains.

"You think I'd trust you to have my back in there after this?"

Nyssa sighs, "you can't go in there alone your too emotional you'll end up getting killed or worse captured again."

"And wanting to search the cells for dear old dad isn't being too emotional?"

Nyssa looks away knowing Damon is right.

"I'm just saying I think compromise is the smartest thing to do here, chances are your not gonna be able to compel yourself an invitation, which means you need me."

Damon hated when someone was able to beat him and he desperately wanted to punish her for that little blow dart stunt but unfortunately, she had a point, he couldn't very well just knock on the door toss a bomb inside and then bolt. He had been going about the plan a bit half-cocked over-eager to end Augustine once and for all as if that would somehow make it up to Enzo.

"Well, I assume you have something in mind to get us inside, let's hear it,"

Damon says prompting Nyssa to explain the plan.

She reaches for her bag and produces one of Greyson's composition notebooks.

"I'm gonna act like I'm eager to carry on in Greyson's footsteps."

-------

one day later...

3rd Person POV:

Nyssa felt sick she never wanted to be back here and now not only was she about to walk back into the lion's den she was going to be pretending to purr for them. The very idea of it was nauseating but this was the only way to get Damon inside, and she had to get him in because she knew she wouldn't be able to pull this off all on her own.