4 Questions

Boarding House:

Nyssa is sitting on a comfy lounge chair she dragged down from the living room. Feeling like a queen on her throne she takes in the lovely image of Klaus Mikaelson trapped like an animal.

"So, no hybrids, no friends, no family, no lovers that I'm aware of... has your quest for superiority and indestructibility really been worth it?" she asks him. 

"You talk like this is the end of my story. Trust me I will get out of here and when I do you and everyone else in this town will suffer for my captivity," Klaus threatens.

"Hmm and then you'll go about making friends?" She asks sarcastically.

"Perhaps I find friends overrated," he tells her.

"Now I know we could never get along, even if you weren't referring to the tv show just then," Nyssa replies.

Klaus rolls his eyes, "I'm not explaining myself to you," he says with a look that speaks to his superiority complex.

"Fine, don't. There's nothing that you could say anyway. I heard you liked to torture redheads... or at least force Damon to."

"You were splitting his focus from me, he had to learn."

"Learn what? That you are the sun we all need to revolve around? If you have to force and threaten a fan club to sing your praises day and night hate to break it to you but the amount of fans you actually have is bagel," Nyssa says holding up her hand in the shape of a zero.

"I mean here you are with no power, trapped, missing, at the mercy of others and I don't hear anyone banging down the front door to find or rescue you. In fact, I bet just the opposite is true, I bet everyone is out throwing parties relieved to finally be rid of you."

"Careful," Klaus warns getting angry now.

"or what?" Nyssa taunts.

"You are in the process of making a very dangerous enemy little girl, you should really think about that. Because as much as you might detest it I am superior and indestructible so one day I will be free of this basement and you don't want to be the first one I come for, believe me."

"I believe you, I believe you are capable of great brutality and you know what I find it fascinating," she tells him.

"Fascinating?" he asks confused.

"Hmhm. I had someone in my family like you. No one in their corner they hadn't forced and tortured to be there and no amount of power or riches ever satisfied them. The only thing that ever gave them any amount of pleasure was their own cruelty."

"Sounds like a lovely chap to me," Klaus comments.

"It was a woman actually, but your sexism doesn't surprise me. So tell me, why?"

"Why what?" Klaus asks.

"Why can't you or people like you ever be satisfied, why is it never enough, why do you crave the pain of others so much?"

Klaus wasn't about to entertain any of her questions but if he was being honest with himself he wouldn't have had a good answer anyway.

"Usually when you meet your lover's family, one tries to impress. You love, I hate to say, are failing spectacularly," he tells her.

"Your sister and I are no longer together," Nyssa tells him.

"Hmm, who broke up with whom?" Klaus asks.

"That's none of your business,"

"It's not exactly your business to question my every motive in life either yet here we are."