Moonstone Part 2

Stefan and Katherine

Stefan POV:

I don't think I've ever felt so stupid. I was journaling by my mother's grave when Elena came and sat next to me. I didn't even consider it might have really been Katherine.

Next thing I know she injects me with something and I'm blacking out.

I woke up in an empty house, probably one she had compelled temporary ownership of.

The door creaks open and in she walks.
She tosses her bag on the floor before coming over to me.

"Ugh, should have found a place already furnished," she complains, "So did you miss me?"

"No," I tell her plainly.

She pretends to pout before shrugging her shoulder, "hmm I don't believe you. Even if all you were thinking about was Elena I'd still be in your head, thus the curse of falling for a doppelgänger."

Damon and Nyssa-
3rd person POV:

Damon and Nyssa were waiting in the car outside the Lockwood property.

"So what's the plan? We just go up and ring the doorbell?" Damon asks.

"I don't know, do you have a better idea?" Nyssa asks.

Damon throws his head back against the seat, "dammit Stefan."

Seeing Damon worried for his brother Nyssa tries to help by offering up a plan with a bit more strategy.

"What if we ask Caroline to help? We could approach Mason and when he inevitably blows us off she can discreetly follow him and see where he goes."

Damon thinks for a minute before agreeing to the plan.

"Alright I'll text her," he says pulling out his phone.

"You have her number saved?" Nyssa asks slightly surprised.

She looks over and sees a lengthy chat history between the two and grabs Damon's phone.

"Hey!"

Scrolling through she sees they have a secret guilty pleasure in common.

"Oh my god, you two watch ANTM together?"

Damon grabs his phone back, "it is a masterclass in psychological warfare, alright."

Nyssa is trying to hold in a laugh, "really?"

"Yes, Tyra Banks is ahead of her time when it comes to breaking someone's confidence and it is a sight to behold," he tells her.

"Uh-huh," she says still amused over the revelation and failing to conceal it.

"Oh, shut up," he tells her before shooting off a text to Caroline.

Meanwhile-

Rick remembers the story they discovered when visiting Duke and he and Jenna revisit the tale. Grams and Bonnie aren't able to do a locator spell as something is cloaking Stefan's whereabouts.

Lockwood-
3rd person POV:

Caroline arrives and walks around to the front of Damon's car where both he and Nyssa are leaning against the hood.

"Hey, I got your message, anything on Stefan yet?" she asks.

"No, the locator spell was a bust Katherine must have a witch working with her and we weren't able to find him on our own," Nyssa says catching her up.

"Shit, alright what do you need me to do?" she asks.

"Damon and I are going to try and get Mason to tell us where this moonstone is if we fail we need you to hang back and see where he goes."