Bad Moon Rising pt 1

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon was asleep in his bed, Nyssa had gone home not long after the bath so as not to anger Jenna. He heard something coming from downstairs and immediately woke up, for a second he thought maybe it was Nyssa changing her mind about staying the night but she would never be as clumsy and whoever was downstairs currently.

In a flash, he was downstairs in time to catch Stefan and Rick being the worst midnight bulgars he had ever seen.

"Oi!" He shouted making both men jump.

"Jesus you scared me," Stefan complained hand on his heart trying to calm down.

"Yeah well next time try not breaking in," Damon tells him.

"We just needed to check something, Rick and I were talking about the possibility of werewolves and he says they're real."

"And you thought you'd try to catch one in my living room?" Damon asks still not understanding why the two had woken him up.

"No, I'm looking for a book I saw here once," Rick steps in explaining, "got it!" He exclaimed once he found it.

Damon zoomed over stealing it from him before reading the title out loud.

"Curse of the Lycanthrope? Oh come on this is your theory?"

Stefan hops over to sit on the sofa making Damon roll his eyes, "would you just let me heal you, this is ridiculous."

"No, would you focus? I'm not a vampire anymore which you seem very keen to keep reminding me of and if there's a new threat in town wouldn't it be better if we were ahead of it for once," Stefan says.

"Katherine and John aren't enough for you, you want to add Mason Lockwood to our enemies list?" Damon argues.

"Of course not, I just want to be prepared," Stefan replies.

"Fine by all means Boy Scouts carry on, just let me know if I need to start carrying around silver bullets will ya?" Damon quips before turning around to go back to bed.

Outside the Gilbert House

The next day Rick, Nyssa and Elena were still determined to get answers on the possibilities of werewolves and were on their way to Duke University where Elena's birth mom/Rick's ex-wife had once worked.

"Why are you going along with this?" Damon whines to Nyssa,

"Stefan is still hobbling around on crutches, if he goes with them he'll just slow them down, Elena needs me," Nyssa explains.

Damon rolls his eyes, "I need you," he tells her pulling her close and kissing down her neck.

"You just had me, you can go a day,"

"I can't," he says pouting

"Which one of us is the Succubus again?" she asks teasing him before rolling her eyes, "we'll be back tonight, promise I'll come and wake you up in a very creative way,"

Damon's eyes now sparkled with the possibilities, "off you go then," he announced trying to hurry everyone else into the car knowing the sooner they left the sooner Nyssa would be back.

At the university, Nyssa was distracted by a name she had come across in Greyson's notebooks- Petrova and didn't react in time to Isobel's old research assistant Vanessa shooting an arrow at Elena.

"Ahhh" Elena cried out as the arrow pierced her left shoulder.

Rick immediately went to help her but Nyssa turned and went after Vanessa, "that was a very big mistake," she told her threateningly.