Chapter 13

3rd Person POV:

Nyssa looks up at Damon her secret exposed, "please Damon, you can't tell-"

He cuts her off, "I'm not gonna tell anyone."

She looks at him a beat longer before deciding to believe him.

She nods, "thank you."

"Don't mention it," he tells her, his eyes soft and kind.

"Mind if I ask you why-"

She cuts him off this time, "why I'm desperate not to have sex becoming a full sucubus?"

"It's not like you're at risk of becoming a ripper, you don't need to kill to live, right?" He asks.

Nyssa looks down, "there are worst things than death."

Damon doesn't look like he believes her, "like what?"

"As a Succubus I wouldn't be immortal. We do have longer life spans typically 300 years or so. We stop aging after we reach our prime but we start again in our last 100 years. Living for 200 years being young and desirable... it messes with you. The only way to delay our final stage is by constantly feeding on a huge amount of sexual energy. It's unsustainable unless..."

"Unless what?"

Nyssa looks back up to Damon, "unless you're so twisted your own vanity is the only thing you give a damn about."

"You're talking about someone specific," Damon says filling in some of the gaps.

Nyssa has never told anyone this but the desire to finally unload is too tempting, "my grandmother... she ran a supernatural brothel of sorts. Capturing younger succubi forcing them to... entertain. My mother was one and I'm the product of her torment."

Damon had not been expecting that.

"Crazy thing is she loved me so much anyway. I don't know how she did that," Nyssa explains tearing up at the memories of her mom.

"Eric came in one night and clocked what was happening he turned to leave not wanting anything to do with it but my mother recognized the look on his face, knew this one he had some humanity in him. She called him over pretending to be offering a good time but he must have seen the desperation in her face because he actually came over. She told him about me, begged him to get me out of there."

Damon sat back a little stunned she had also been at the brothel,  "My grandma would make me watch, trying to get me used to what my future would be when I turned 10. Eric was horrified and promised he would get us both out. He came back a few times in order to learn everyone's habits and just what kind of security he'd be up against. He had to do things to be there, things I know sickened and haunted him but he did it for us. We were so happy for a bit, a propper family. Eric and my mom fell for each other. I had never seen that before... love, it was magical," Nyssa smile drops "but it didn't last."

"My grandmother sent men to hunt us down. I don't know if they were trying to take us back or just kill us but either way it brutal. Eric and I barely survived but my mom... she didn't make it. People have given their lives just for the chance that I might be something more, I have to try Damon, I have to try as hard and for as long as I can, I owe them that."

Damon hadn't been expecting all of that. This morning he had been consumed with his own pain and heartbreak he forgot others even had emotions. This definitely gave him perspective.

"I'll help you."

Nyssa looks to Damon not fully understanding.

He goes on to explain, "I'll help you from changing, I'll break as many knee caps or arms as you need me to."

Nyssa smiles, touched by the sweet and violent offer, "really?"

"Sure, now when are we starting our Augustine takedown and do we need to add gran gran to the list?"