Chapter 69

As I wake up a blissful two seconds go by before I remember the events of yesterday.

I take a deep breath and go look for Jake in the next room.

I find him sleeping on my couch.
His cheek is smushed against the arm of my couch and a slight snore escapes his lips.

I find myself staring at Jake , when he awakes. I jump slightly and scurry to the kitchen.

Jake joins me I make coffee in silence.

"I guess I'm going to be the first to speak then?"

"What do you want me to say Jake" my tone is harsher than I intended.

"Look im sorry I just... I don't know what I was thinking! You got my blood pumping and I had to do something to get revenge." He sighs

"That's my point you did this solely to hurt me." My voice sounds like I'm nagging him.

"I know I'm sorry."

"You know what I'm over it we both did things we regret how about we both drop it." my voice is monotone. Normally I would not do this but I am in the wrong as well here, and I cannot keep arguing with Jake. I'm so exhausted.

"Really?" He says astonished.
"Yeah really! I just don't want to fight anymore"

-----------------------------------------/

Quite a few of you have expressed how you don't think this behavior is Jake. I get that but please try to remember this is just a story. im trying to make it entertaining to read. So please try not to take the characters emotional changes to heart.
Thank you.
-writingonawhim