Chapter 78

I gather myself and walk to go find Alyssa and apologize for my anger.
I spot her and low and behold who is she talking to but Jake.

He seems to be throwing his hands up and talking to her in anger. Probably because I'm here. he obviously didn't know about this little set up either if Alyssa was getting chewed out as well.

When he finally huffs and retreats I make my way to Alyssa.

I tap her on the shoulder and when she turns to see me she suddenly puts her face into her hands and says.
"Please don't yell at me again I can't take all this right now."

All I can do is hug her. as I wrap my arms around her shoulders she stiffens sort of shocked.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier and overreacted. You obviously didn't do this to hurt me you were only doing what you thought was best, but I don't want to be re-set up with Jake okay?"

"Okay. neither does he I guess so I should just stop all this anyways. "

"Huh?" I say in confusion.

"He just got done screaming at me for bringing you here."

I'm a bit taken back by her statement. I figured he was a bit angry to be blind sided but I guess I kind of hoped that he would see me and look at me and think how much he lost. but of corse instead he thinks of me as some nuisance. silly me expecting Jake to be someone he is not as usual. Well if he wants to play that game, so can I. I can be just a annoyed and cold.

"Screw him, why don't you tell me about the plans for tomorrow you must be absolutely ecstatic!"

"Speaking of that! We have rehearsed how to walk down the isle twice already and since you weren't here I'm just gonna get two of my other bridesmaids to explain what you have to do before the wedding okay?"

"Yeah perfect!"
Some older woman comes up and begins to speak to Alyssa.

"Hey Alyssa I'm just gonna leave you to mingle! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Okay thanks for coming and thanks for understanding"