Chapter 20

I walk slowly to jake he doesn't realize I'm walking toward him until I get right behind him.

"Can I join you?" I speak.

Jake turns his head around and I can see his red eyes almost as if he had been crying. He sees me and nearly snarls.

"Go join Aaron." I can hear the anger in his voice, as if every word was me at to cut through my heart.

"Jake you need to know what happened it was not at all what it looked like you have to understand."

With those words I sit down next to Jake. He sort of scoots away from me. Jake looks down for a few moments and responds.

"It looked like Aaron kissed you then you hugged him." I see that Jake's tears begin to reform and he looks down again.

"Jake Aaron kissed me out of the blue I pushed away and told him that I didn't think of him like that and I wanted us to stay just friends and after I hugged him to prove a point, the point that we are only friends. Jake you have to believe me it was nothing."

Jake's head flung up in a fit of tears and he stood up to where he was towering over me.

"It sure seemed like more and how do I know Aaron and you aren't just going behind my back!" Tears were now steaming down his face but I could feel the anger in his voice.

I stand up and put my hand on his arm.

"Jake we aren't! I promise you! You are the only one that matters to me."

Jake's face is over taken with anger and he flings his arm to remove my hand, but I only return with two hands now on his shoulders

"Jake you can-"

In mid sentence Jake pushes me away, so hard that I fall to the ground.

I am stunned for a moment had jake gotten physical with me or was it just an accident. But here I am on the concrete. I then begin to cry

I look up to find Jakes tear stricken face , still laced with rage and I stand up.

"You know what Jake you aren't even half the man I thought you were." I yelled to the top of my lungs.

I storm of in an angry mess. All my thoughts blank now. All I could feel was rage.