Chapter 10

I wake up and look at my phone it's almost 3 in the morning I had only been sleeping a few hours. I try to go back to bed but I cannot. I can deny it but I know tea is the only thing that will allow me to sleep.

I get out of my bunk and tip toe to the kitchen. I open a cubbord to find it fully stocked with coffees and I find one box of tea.
"Yes" I softly whisper to myself

I quietly make some tea and sit at the table pondering my day how amazing it was for all of this to happen to me. we go over a slight bump and the bus shakes. my tea almost spills but doesn't.

Soon after I hear someone emerge from their cubby. I peek through and see it is sleepy jake he stumbles into the kitchen and soon sees me on the couch and jumps a little. He slides in next to me and begins I speak. I put my finger over my lips as to say shhh gesturing to the other bunks. As if to say don't wake anyone.

I pick up a piece of paper and begin to write down. he looks at me confused. on the paper I wrote

"What is your number?"

He looks at it and kind of laughs the scribbles down his number and slides it back to me. I put his number in my phone and message him.

"Do not want to wake the boys by talking. What were you trying to say a minute ago?"

I watch as he receives the message and smiles then he begins typing back.

"Is there any way you could make me some tea that looks so yummy right now."

I smile as I read it
"of corse one minute" I get up and begin to quietly make his tea I feel his eyes watching me as I do this. I sit back down next to him and he takes a sip and whips out his phone.

"I think this is the best tea I've ever had!"

"Really?" I respond

"Yes, by the way you are an amazing singer you did well tonight it being your first show. you are going to be so big I just know it."

As I receive his message I smile.

"Thank you that means a lot"

Jake scoots closer to me the more we text and eventually I find myself laying my head on his shoulder us watching each othe receive each other's messages. it was one of those weird moments where you feel natural with someone. one of those moments you know you will never get back!

I find myself yawning from my tea and I text jake and say

"I need to go to bed we have another performance tomorrow we should probably sleep anyways."

"But it's so much fun drinking tea and texting you! but yeah I guess so."

As we get up I put the tea cups away and as I'm walking to my cubby jake hugs me to that point where he ends up picking me up then he kisses me on the forehead.

I blush and scramble into my bunk.

Oh my god did the jake foushee just hug and kiss me on my forehead? was he just tired? or does he like me? I don't know what to think! He is so sweet though. We talked about so many things tonight. like about his new dog his brother how he ended up with his grand parents. and how my mom and dad divorced and how nervous I was tonight! it was one of those connections you cannot fake with a person but what now?

Was I rude scrambling away? was I suppose to reach up and kiss him on the lips or cheek I don't know!! these questions kept me up longer.

Right before I snooze back to sleep I see I got a text from jake a while a go that says.

"Had an amazing time getting to know you tonight. see you in the morning"

I smile as I doze off I had really had a good time with him.