Chapter 51

"Visiting you.."

"AARON I DONT HAVE FUCKING TIME FOR THIS JAKE IS IN THE HOSPITAL!"

"what?!"

I ignore Aaron's question and pack a bag real quick. I didn't know how long I would be at the hospital.

I gather things in a frenzy so distracted by my worry for jake. Aaron snaps me out of it by grabbing me by the shoulders.

"What happened?"

"I DONT KNOW I NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

"look I don't think you are okay to drive right now I'll drive you just tell me where it is we will check on him."

I pull away from Aaron.

"Whatever we just need to go now!"

Aaron and I head down to the parking lot and I toss him my keys he tosses back and points to the black Lamborghini a few spots down. I roll my eyes and get into the car. The ride is silent until we get there and I bust out of the door. I run to the front desk and ask for jake. The nurse calms me down with her soft voice.

"Sweetie Mr. Foushee is in surgery right now they are trying to fix his collapsed lung. the doctor will be out right after she is done if you wait here you may speak with her. You look nervous go get some coffee and calm down everything should be fine Dr. Sandra is excellent no worries."

"Thank you. just let me know as soon as possible!"

"Okay darling I will."

I grab some coffee and sit next to Aaron.

"What did the nurse say?"

"He is in surgery we have to wait."

I say sharply.

"Oh thats-"I cut aaron off.

"What do you think you are doing here? out of the blue just as Jake and I are starting to be friends again. You just happen to show up!"

Aaron soon explains Jake had mentioned to him at the beginning of the year he saw me. Aaron just happened to be in town trying to visit jake and when he couldn't find Jake he asked someone if they knew where I lived and pointed him in the right direction.

"But that doesn't explain why you were in my house!"

"Your door was unlocked."

"Oh.." I say looking down.

Aaron and I sit for three hours and catch up. I have to be honest it was good to talk to Aaron at one time he was the only person I felt comfortable talking to. But he always wanted more and I was always too caught up with jake. I can see myself falling back into old ways when my thought process is interrupted.

"Hey darling. Dr. Sandra can speak with you now."

I hop up and follow the nurse.

"Hello I am Dr. Sandra." I head her welcoming voice.

"Your friend Jake he is a fighter. we almost lost him a few times but he made it through the surgery. His lung collapsed. He was beaten pretty bad. Lots of blood loss and due to his loss of oxygen to the brain for that short period of time he is going to be in a coma for a while. "

"How long is a while?" My voice sounded like it was cracking.

"Depends on him. usually in these cases no longer than a year or two, but also it could be tomorrow or even two months you never know. it all depends on your friend in there."

"So we just wait?" I say my tears are starting to form.

"Yes but you can see him now if you like."

"Oh yes of corse!"I say whipping the tears from my eyes. I had to stay strong.

"Would your friend like to join you." she gestured towards Aaron.

"Yes I guess..." I wave aaron over and we are lead down to the long hallway.

I've never liked the smell or the feel of a hospital. It reminds me of tragedy and death. I immediately felt uncomfortable. we are lead to a door. I'll never forget the number on the door it was room F 137. Oh how I would learn to loath that room...