Chapter 99

She looks down at her boots and does not respond to my question. I can see the tears streaming down her face.

"I'm going to ask you one more time how old is she?"

She brings her face up looks at me pleadingly. Begging me not to make her answer the question.

"Four she is four years old..."

As soon as the words left her mouth I sit down on the bench I once was on.

I place both hands on my forehead. How can this be? I have a daughter...an amazing daughter

"Is she mine?"

"Yes.."

I let a tear slip down my cheek and I stand up facing her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I wanted to be away from you! I wanted to be done with our never ending roller coaster!"

"But that is my daughter. She has grown up without a father!"

"She grew up with a mother! Who has taken care of her every single day since I've had her. She has turned out fine you don't know anything about her so don't start telling me how she needs a father because she doesn't!"

"I know that she is my kid and I have a right to know her."

"You don't understand if you come into her life now and bring all the drama that comes with you she will not be the same. She will never be okay like she is now."

I see her take her lip between her teeth and try not to spill anymore tears.

"So you are just gonna deny me the right to my daughter!"

"What I want to know Jake is how you found her? Did you get a private eye? Did someone tell you they thought she was yours what? Because I've tried to shelter her from this for so long! So how did you find out?!?"

"She found me."