Chapter 43

I wake up and attend my classes in sweats and a tank top. Since it was college I didn't feel the need to dress up.

After my classes I go back to my dorm and receive a text from jake.

"Don't forget coffee at 3:30"

I roll my eyes but then decide I should probably look presentable so I slip on some cut off jean shorts leave my tank top on and tie a red and black plaid flannel around my waist. I throw on a bit of eyeliner and brush through my hair.

That should be good right? I think to myself. what should I care I don't have anymore feelings left for jake he shouldn't matter anymore. This was just a coffee and I would continue the rest of my year forgetting about jake.

I decide it's time to go so I walk to the campus coffee shop and see jake eagerly waiting at a round table in the corner of the shop.

"Hey!" jake waves enthusiastically.

"Hey..."

Come sit. I hope you don't mind I ordered you a White Chocolate Frapacinno non fat no whipp. just like you like it.

"Thanks can't believe you still remember my Starbucks order it was so long ago."

"I remember everything about that summer"

"I've tried to forget" I say looking down.

"That's kind of what I want to talk to you about. After we all fought at your house you went MIA from social media from text from everything. None of us could get in touch with you not even Aaron."

"I wanted to forget Jake, that summer ruined my life. It took me those whole two years to forget and also to get back to being normal to glue all the pieces back together. You broke me in so many ways," I begin to feel tears forming and I stop talking, and rub my pointer finger over my lip, as I always do before I'm going to cry and I don't want to let it out.

"I'm sorry back then I was so caught up in my fame and how many girls wanted me. It wasn't until I looked back and realized you were the only person I felt something with. The only one I felt the butterflies everyone talks about."

"Jake how can you say that when you dropped me so quickly after the tour. It was like everything you told me was a lie every memory we shared was shattered."

"I know I was horrible. That's why I want to ask you if we can be friends. I had no idea you were coming to this college I'm a Sophomore this year so if you need any help I can show you around. You have my number if you need and I'm sure I'll see you at parties and things."

"Yeah I guess we could be friends."

"That's a relief, i wouldn't be able to handle seeing you around campus and not being okay."

"Alright well i guess I need to get back and do some studying."

Jake stands up and so do I.

"Bye jake."

Jake opens his big strong arms and hugs me. He bends down to whisper in my ear

"Bye princess"

I kind of smirk at the memories that nick name holds then i frown jake sees my frown and looks down.

I swiftly walk out if the shop. On the way home I think about how weird my last encounters with jake were he seemed different but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Had he really changed? but the real questions is do I care?.