Chapter 96

"That a really big ring." I hear a young voice say.

I look up to find a small girl who has her hair in pigtails. It is long and brown.

Her eyes are huge and green she looks at me with a smile as she hangs onto her small ladybug back pack.

"Thank you! It's for someone I love very much" I smile at her she is so adorable.

She hops on the bench and sit right by me. I tower over her but she doesn't seem to mind she looks up at me and begins to talk.

"Are you guys getting married?" She is so outgoing as a child I would have never gone up to a stranger and started asking them questions.

"Maybe. If she says yes."

"I bet she will."

"Why do you say that"

"Well you said you love her. If you love her she must love you so that means she will say yes"

"Not necessarily"

"What does that mean?" She cocks her head to the side.

"Necessarily?"

"Yeah what does it mean?"

"It means not really, she might not say yes."

"Well people get married because they love each other right?" Her eyes look so confused. I wish I had the heart to tell her that's not the only reason people do. Even thought it should be. But instead i respond

"You are right!"

"Hey you are really smart! You must make good grades huh?" I ask and she smiles.

"Not really.... I mean not necessarily."

I laugh at her attempt to use her new word.

"Why is that"

"Well my teacher says I talk to much! But my mom says that just means I am too smart for my age."

"She is right I used to get in trouble for the same thing!"

"Really?!" She looks excited that someone shares her problems.

"Speaking of your mom where is she?"

"Probably late! Sometimes she does because of her work but I don't mind! I know it's not her fault she works really hard!"

I see the way her eyes light up when I ask about her mom and the way she smiles when she talks about her. She must really love her.

"Well you know it's not okay to talk to strangers right. I could have been a not nice guy. You understand you should never talk to strangers right?"

"I know but I could tell"

"Tell what"