Chapter 71

As I look into Jake's pleading eyes I feel so drawn to his raw emotion. Maybe he does care, or maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe he is the monster I thought him to be not that long ago.

Maybe I've been wrong this whole time. Tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

"What? What did I do?" The confusion on his face was just enough to break me completely.

I slide down the wall Jake had me backed up to. I begin to sob into my knees. I can't control the tears anymore. I'm to that point, my breaking point.

Jake's P.O.V
As I look at her broken tears practically making puddles on the ground. Her loud sobs fill the room and I can't help but feel her pain. The worst part is I don't even know what I did or what to do to fix her. All I want to do is fix her.

"What is the matter?" I lean down over her and put a hand on her shoulder. As I do so her sobs grow louder.

"I..." She begins her voice sounds so weak.
Every time she has cried with me she is so angry so bound to tell me my wrongs. She was always so strong even through her tears she has always been a rock. But today, whatever I've done or whatever has happened has broken her like I've never seen her this broken before. So broken she could barely speak.

"You what?" I bring her eyes to look at me. Thinking it will help, it does not. There are no words to describe how sad they looked. They looked as if she would never be happy again, as if I could never make her happy again.

Without warning my eyes betray me. as I cry her face saddens more.

She takes a deep breath.

"Jake, I cannot do this anymore."
She breaks from my face and looks at her knees.

"What do you mean?" I press my forehead against hers.

"I mean we are no longer good for each other, or maybe we never were. What I mean is I cannot be with you anymore."
I can hear her breathing hitch as her tears continue to roll.

"What do you mean? You are everything I want. How do you even justify that we are not good for each other? In what way? Tell me." My last words sound like a croak. She has no idea how she is killing me. But something in her voice tells me to listen that she is about to mean every word she says.

She takes a deep breath and stands up. I do the same.

Looking me directly in my eyes she begins to speak.

"Think about it Jake, ever since we met thins have gone wrong. Just think, do you remember the first time we ever fought that day at the beach, in the parking lot you hurt me so bad. That was the first time I had been heart broken. Not just by you but ever. Then that night when we first made love do you remember the only reason we even fixed that problem was because we had sex, and when the tour ended and you did not call me. I never got an explanation not once have you told me your reason for completely and utterly tearing my heart into so many pieces that I not once since then have dated anyone els. All because of you I've been so guarded I cannot allow myself to love anyone but you. I don't even love myself Jake. The problem is you have taken over my heart and the only way to stop my life from spiraling out of control is to let you go. I need to let you go because if I continue to love you I will never be happy, because you don't love me like I love you. I will always be the one who love more which means I will always be the one hurt. the one with the broken heart. Jake the only way that I can stop the cycle is to leave." As the words tumble from her lips faster than she intended, I could tell she meant every word by the way she looked like she wanted to shove every letter back into her mouth.

"You don't mean that! We can work everything out! We always do. I love you and you know I do you know this please please don't leave me!" My pleads sound so pathetic leaving my lips but i don't care all I want is her. She can't leave. She can't!

She looks down at her shoes and crosses her arms and speaks with such defeat.

"It's over Jake." she walks straight pass me to the door.
"I want your things out by morning. Goodbye." with that she shuts the door.

The only thing I can do as I watch the love of my life slam the door is whimper.

"Please don't go."