Chapter 57

In the car ride Jake makes jokes about how he has missed Taco Bell. I laugh and enjoy the warmth of him in my car. Ive never realized it but I've never taken a car ride with Jake. when we were on tour I was barely old enough to drive and no cars but the bus were taken.

I like it strangely though. I fill like his joy radiates through my vehicle in a way that is comforting.

We get our food. and boy does he order a lot. he takes a bite of his first Taco and looks up at me while I drive.

"Can I ask you a question?" Jake's voice sounds serious.

"Anything." I say trying to sound perky and not stressed.

"Did anything happen with you and Aaron while I was... U know out of it"

I kind of laugh.

"Absolutely not!"

"Well I know why he came to town, but why hasn't he left?" Jake sounds unconvinced.

"I don't know, but I promise nothing is happening between us!" I look at Jake attempting to assure him.

The rest of the ride home is silent. We exit the car and I feel tension between Jake and I.

As I approach the dorm and I attempt to slide the key into the door then I turn around to meet my face with Jake's.

"Open the door already" he huffs

"Nope" I say matter of factly

"Why not?" he looks so confused. I am enjoying every minute of it.

"Because I refuse to open the door until you stop being mad."i say crossing my arms over my chest.

"What?? I'm not mad!"

"Yes you are you haven't spoken to me since you asked about Aaron."I snap.

"I just don't want to lose you, I just got you back."

"Jake," I sigh

"Yeah?"

"Looking back I don't think you ever lost me... the more I tried to forget it seemed like your memory fought harder. I tried for years to get you out if my mind and just when I thought I was fine. Here you are making me love you again, and I know it's not the best thing for me but I owe it to myself to see if you are changed." my eyes grow wide why did I just say all that.

"How could you even think us being together is not the best thing for you?"his eyes look to the ground.

"Because last time us being together broke me in ways you don't understand"

"But I am changed, and I want you to know that"

I bury my face now stained with happy tears into the crook of Jake's neck and he wraps his arms around me.

After a few minutes I turn to open my door. when I do I wish I hadn't.

"AARON!" Jake almost screams.

I cross my arms and scowl at Aaron leave it to him to ruin this perfect moment. now Jake will really think something is going on.

"Aaron what the hell!! how did you even get in here!" I yell.

"You need to quit leaving your door unlocked its a bad habit " he smirks.

"Why are you here ?" I spat putting my hands on my hips.

"I wanted to check on Jake but you guys were gone so I let myself in."

"I'm fine, you can go now." Jake says in a low tone I can see his fists clenching by his sides.

"Oh is it because you don't want to lose her?" Aaron argues back, hurt by Jake's order to leave.

"Aaron, if you don't leave I swear to god I will beat the shit out of you"

I gasp at Jake's words