Chapter 33

We arrive at the street and the first shop I see is a thrift shop called back bird.

"jake in here!" I lead him in the store and the clerk asks us if we are looking for anything specific and we say that we are just looking then I get to work.

I sift through the clothes looking for the brands i know are legit and grabbing the cute things only I pile them all onto jakes arms as he stands contently.

It seems like a sort of frenzy I till I'm done I pile my stuff into two dressing rooms one for jake and the clothes I secretly got for him to try on and one for me to try on.

"Jake this is my dressing room and that's yours"

"Mine?"

"Yeah I got you some stuff to try on you don't think I wild be putting on silly outfits on my own do you?"

"Alright alright anything for you."

We enter our dressing rooms and the first thing I try on is a tight red dress with a huge fur coat and some red bottom knock off heels that were entirely too high. I laugh as I look at my silly outfit.

"JAKE YOU DONE?" I yell from my room.

"ALMOST!"

I walk out of the room and wait jake come out and I laugh hysterically. He is in the all brown leather suit I picked out the pants were bell bottoms and the funky shirt he had on under it made I look more 80's than ever. Shortly after he laughs with me.

"I look like goober!"

"I look like a cougar so we are even!"

We laugh a bit more and re enter our dressing rooms.

My next outfit was a long white prom dress that was fitted and mermaids out at the bottom and it was strapless with silk fabric. I add some white gloves to it and it gives it a classic Hollywood look. it was gorgeous but no one would wear it any where.

I exit my room just as jake does the same and both our mouthes drop. Jake was in a James Bond looking suit with a bow tie and everything. I blush he looked so dashing and handsome.

Jake walks near me and pulls my waist towards him and whispers into my ear.

"You look breathtaking in that dress!"

Then I get a tap on the shoulder it was the clerk.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but you guy's outfits look so cute together mind if I take a picture for our wall she gestures towards several photos on the walls of customers in crazy outfits.

"Sure thing!" jake responds.

Jake picks me up I, and I kick out my feet and he kisses me as the lady flashes the photo.

"This looks so cute wanna see?"

Jake and I observe the photo and I can't help but think it looks like we are getting married. I blush and ask the lady to send me the photo.

Jake and I have one more outfit and we go into our rooms to try them on.

I find the dress I had fondled over earlier in the store, I forgot how beautiful it looked it was a silver jeweled and beaded dress that was fitted and it looked perfect. The bottom of it was long but sheer see through just so you could tell some sort of fabric was there. I slipped on some silver heels I got to go with the dress and emerges to find jake in some tie and vest but he looked mesmerized.

"Oh my gosh you look like a, like a.."

"Like a what jake?"

"Like a princess! My princess."

I blush and I see the clerk walk up to me and say.

"And what is a princess without her tiara!"

The clerk pulls out a small tiara and sets it on my head.

I smile uncontrollably. I felt so beautiful I did feel like a princess. Jake couldn't take his eyes off of me.

I go back to change into my regular clothes and so does jake when I come out jake is checking out a shirt he must have liked I look around a bit more and come up short nothing caught my eye nothing was really practically but in here it was mostly dresses no one could wear anywhere.

Jake and I leave but I couldn't quit thinking about how he looked at me when I was in that dress. It was different than all the other times I don't know how to explain it other than different.