Chapter 98

I look up to where Taisley is holding onto her mothers hand.

I see the woman bend down than hug the little girl. I see the long brown hair. As soon as her face is in clear view my fears were confirmed. It was her.

Her hair was still long and in those perfect curls. She was slim and in a grey jacket with a white button up shirt much like her daughter. But she wore boots and grey skinny jeans. How does she still look this good.

I look directly at them both as Taisley grabs her moms hand and makes her come over to me. She has yet to look up at me but is looking fondly at her daughter.

when we get close she looks at me and I see fear flash through her eyes.

"Mommy meet my new friend Jake!"

She looks astonished for a few seconds then she bends down and tells paisley to go get in the car that she left it running. Taisley skipps off and waves goodbye to me.

"Bye Jake!!"

"Bye Taisley!"

Then she grabs my arm and brings me up from the bench.

"Who told you?"

"Who told me what?"

She looks so nervous more than I've ever seen her. She is looking at my face frantically searching for my emotion. Why is she so bugged out.

"Wait why are you here at her school?"

"I was walking around town. But who told me what?!"

She brings her hands to her forehead and then moves them to her temples. She looks as if tears are about to stream from her eyes.

"Who told me about what damn it!!" I scream at her she is acting like a crazy person.

"Everything was fine we were alright why did you have to come now? She is only a child!" She is a screaming and then all at once it hits me.

I look down and calm myself before I ask the question.

I lower my eyes to her.

"How old is she?"