Chapter 48

"So what should we do to keep you awake?"

"Well I'm kinda hungry wanna cook something?"

"I'm pretty hungry yeah I guess we could cook."

"What should we cook?" jake questions.

"Well I guess we could look on Pinterest."

I sit down on the couch by jake and take my iPad from the coffee table. he peers over my shoulder and we scroll through the options.

"What about lasagna?" jake says enthusiastically.

"No that's too complicated."

We continue to look.

"I think I have some stuff to bake a cake and we can eat some ramen noodles."

Jake chuckles at my suggestion.

"I like it let's get cooking."

We shuffle into the kitchen and I toss all the things we need on the counter.

"Heads up jake!" I say right before I toss the cake mid box at him.

Jake catches it and laughs.

"Now read the directions that should keep you alert!"

"You know what will keep me alert?" jake says taking his phone from his pocket.

"What?"

"Some sweet tunes.." jake presses play on his phone and the music begins.

Jake dumps the cake batter in a bowl as I add the milk, eggs, water, and oil.

"You okay to beat the batter?" I question jake.

"Yeah."

"Okay I'm going to warm the noodles then."

I get two bowls and empty the ramen in it and fill it with water. I Carry the bowls to the microwave and set the time to 2:00.

When I turn around I am face to face with jake.

He then smears cake batter on my nose.

"Ok no you didn't!" I cry.

I quickly take some batter from the nearby bowl and smear it on jake's face. soon it turns into a full on battle. batter was all over our faces and clothes.

Wile in mid fight I begin to laugh hysterically so does jake. I set my forehead on his shoulder and we laugh and laugh. we finally calm down and jake brings is his hands up to my face and holds it in between them. I feel our faces inch closer and closer together until...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

I immediately jump, the noise startled me. I guess I got a little caught up in our moment.

"That's the um noodles I'll go get them." I walk to the microwave and set the hot bowls on the counter.

Jake and I fix our noodles and walk to the couch. I have to admit it's a little weird.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I say trying to break the ice.

"Yeah what kind?"

"I'm thinking scary!"

"Oh really?" jake questions me.

"I can handle scary!" I say slightly insulted.

"You look scary enough with all that batter onyour face." jake chuckles.

"You don't look so hot yourself mister Foushee!"

I joke back.

Jake and I settle in the couch with our bowls of noodles and press play on a scary movie. This was actually kind of nice.