Forty-four. Just a conversation

'Cursive' - mind conversation

Y/N pov

"Guess that puts the wedding on a little hold" Wanda tries to joke as she sits down at my feet on the bed.

"Good" i say, immediately regretting it. Thinking she'll take that as a 'i don't want to marry you'

"You know your a natural mother, even though you didn't raise her"

"Where are you going with this?" I still don't turn to face her.

"It just made me think how good of a mother you'll be for the ones you'll raise"

"You want kids?" I ask as i jerk up, now facing her.

"Don't you"

"Absolutely not"

"Why not? You already have a daughter, why not one with me?"

"Because it's too dangerous, do you know what that kid would be raised in. My world is nothing for kids"

"Your life was dangerous before, you married a soldier for christ sake. Even then you had a child"

"I didn't found out i was pregnant until i was at Hydra, when they examined me to put me in the same program as my brother" she just looks at me as i snap. "I gave birth to her in the most dangerous place in the world, the men who snuck her out of there were dead in the matter of days after and when i got free myself i found out my husband had died looking for me, that one of my best friends had crashed into the ice and was gone. I had no one left, i was all alone"

"The world has changed and non of us can go back. All we can do is out best, and sometimes the best that we can do is to start over" i let of a soft laugh, making her give you a questioning look.

"Peggy used to say that" but that smile on my face, remembering my friend quickly fades. "I'm still not raising a child with me as a mother"

"Dr. Banner has found a location and wishes to inform you all to meet by the quinjet in five minutes" Fridays voice interrupts just as shes about to say something else.

"About time" i mutter to yourself, getting out of bed and to a small jewelry box. I take out a pendant, with four metal claws, but they are more in the shape of fangs. As i put it on, one claw sits on my back, one one each shoulder and one on my chest. "Let see if this works" you mutter again, starting to walk towards the jet as the suit starts to build around me. It's light blue details remind me of ice. Probably why it's icy blue. But the rest is black, except for my utility belt. Where i can put down knives and guns. I must admit that i like it, it's the first time I've worn it actually. I've only seen it in Tonys lab, never on me. If i didn't have a mission to go on i would stand in front of a mirror instead.

"Love the suit" Tony says with a smirk, of course he does

"Love the suit" Tony says with a smirk, of course he does. He made it. Wanda also comes up running onto the brigg, standing next to me. Wearing her own little red suit, dress or whatever you can cal it. "Everybody on"

"The compound is located right here" Bruce says, pointing to a place on the map.

"Isn't that?" Wanda asks, knowing full well what that place is. She looks at me for confirmation anyways.

"Yeah, it's exactly what you think it is"

"Im sorry, am i missing something?" Clint says but i can't meet anyone's gaze.

"This is where we meet" i breathe out. "The place i blew up trying to escape"

"I didn't know they still operated there" Wanda says and i finally look up. "After you left we moved back to Sokovia"

"Apparently they still are" i say, gesturing to Bruce to continue.

"Im detecting at least a dozen heat signatures"

"They have collerpanels, that means its a dozen you can see"

"But it could be a hundred more under those panels" Tony says and i just nod in response. "Then maybe we should wait for the soldiers"

"I am a soldier, i might not be on super serum but im still a soldier and i have powers and i don't die" i say as we start to descend to the ground. A noise rushes through the comms with words none of i can understand. Like there is some interference with the signal. I look up at Tony and Bruce, but they don't know whats happening either. That's until i hear Loki's panic voice inside my head.

'It's a trap Y/N, your need to get out of there'

"Fuck, it's a trap, close the ramp" i say but it's to late, the ramp is already open and more then a dozen men are standing there with every wepon pointed at, well moslty me.

"Drop the weapons" one of them yells and i almost start laughing, it's me, Wanda, Tony, Clint, Nat and Bruce here. Most of us are the weapons. But i do as they say, taking my utility belt off and giving it to them. Nat and Clint do the same.

"Hands where i can see them" another one yells and once again i do as they say. I know i can take them out, but it's too risky. They put on power dampening cuffs on me and Wanda, while they subdate Bruce, and relatively normal cuffs on the rest. I can feel how they empty my powers, my energy. They take Tonys suit from his pocket.

"Start walking"

Bucky pov

"How could you send your mother, my sister, in a trap" i say angrily as i press Petra against the wall.

"I didn't want to but they were gonna kill Sabine and i know my mother can survive anything"

"No she can't, she almost died just a month ago" she reacts to my words.

"Let her go Buck" Steve says, forcing me to let her down on the ground.

"I didn't know that, but from what i've known is that she can take care of herself"

"She's with a team that she'll gladly jump in front of a bullet for." Steve continues but i cut him off.

"Wandas with her, she'll do anything to ensure that she survives, including taking a bullet or even a bomb"

"As a mother she'll understand why i had to do it"

"But she isn't a mother, she never raised you. If she raised you, you would know that we Barnes dont leave another behind or sell the other one out"

"Your right, i wasn't raised in the Barnes family, but i still know you do anything to save your family"

"She is supposed to be your family"

"We need to go now," Loki says, appearing in the hallway. "I don't know if she got my warning in time"

"The suit up, we're going for a trip"