Forty-six. Safe for now

Wanda pov

"Where the hell have you been?" i ask as you enter our bedroom. It's been a few hours since you got home from saving Sabine and the baby.

"I took them to a safe house" you say blankly, still not turning around to meet me. You go into the bathroom without a single glance my way. You close the door just as i'm about to enter it as well.

"We need to talk about this, it's an important decision" i say through the door, no response. "Fine, then don't talk to me at all"

"Fine" you say, opening the door.

"Fine what?"

"You wanna have a baby, then we'll have a baby"

"We will?"

"Just not now okay, we have enough on our plate as it is"

"Okay, so well wait" but you still won't meet my gaze. "Could we at least talk about the wedding, like that Tonys planning on doing it at Asgard"

"As long as you're happy with it we'll do whatever you want" I smile at your words but you're not happy. You get under the covers and i just sit down at your feet.

"What changed all of a sudden?" i don't want to ask, but i need to. Something happened back there you're not telling me.

"Nothing, i just love you so much" you sit and drag me into a kiss.

"I love you too but i..."

"Please, let's just sleep, I'm tired" you cut me off. But you don't get tired, part of the thing you are.

"Since when do you get tired" i say with a smile as you lay back down.

"Sleep will never be enough when it's your soul that's tired" and i have no idea what you mean by that. Like zilch, nada. But your already fast asleep so i just also get under the covers, curling up to your side. You drag me into your arms so that we're tangled and it's the safest place i've ever known. I can't wait to be married to you.

Y/N pov

I wake with a jerk at the memory of his threat. I know it shouldn't scare me like that, but if he works with Hydra it means he knows things. Things that only a few members knew off, but there shouldn't be any documents left off that. Lamia, the name of the project that killed me. Maybe i missed something, if he has gotten ahold those papers, there's no stopping whats coming.

"Is everything okay?" Wanda asks against my chest. She's snuggled up as close to me as humanly possible.

"Yeah, everything is fine" i kiss her on the top of her head and feel her smiling. Even though that should light up your world, all i can think about is that i have a doom now. The clock is ticking and my time is running out. "How about breakfast in bed?"

"Can't we just stay in instead"

"You must eat luv" and with that i easily get out of her very hard grip around me. For such a small person she's quite strong. "Be back in a minute."

As i enter the kitchen Tonys figure scares me at first, then i realise it's him.

"What's got you so jumpy this morning?"

"Nothing, i was gonna make breakfast in bed for Wanda, do you guys want anything?"

"No that's okay" he says, continuing drinking his coffee. "So you and her, it's all good?"

"Peachy Tony" i answer with that fake smile that used to be my mask. The mask i haven't used in months.

"You know i can see through that skit right" i start cracking a few eggs and making some toast.

"Is there any chance we can move the date of the wedding?" I ask instead, continuing to cook.

"That depends, to when?"

"As soon as possible"

"Any particular reason, since you both we're so against having it in may"

"I just want to marry the girl i love, is there anything wrong with that?"

"No of course not, but you need to promise to tell me if anythings wrong"

"I promise" even though that's a pure lie.

"Then you'll try on the dresses this afternoon, Sam will come and get you around one then"

"Sounds great, thanks" i say before heading off to my room with a tray of egg, bacon and toast. And a little something for me as well in a mug.

"Smells delicious"

"It doesn't smell at all luv"

"I wasn't talking about the food" she says and i laugh. Like I'm without a care in the world. I place the tray on the desk. "I thought you said 'breakfast in bed'"

"And now it's by the table" i say with all seriousness, sending her into laughter. So i have to drag her laughing out of bed but she starts to kiss me before we reach the table.

"How about we skip breakfast"

"Not happening, we have plans today"

"Does it include sleeping or at least cuddling" she says with her cute little baby voice as i sit her down in one of the chairs.

"Dress fitting"

"I thought that was in a few weeks" i take a deep sip of your drink, feeling the warm blood in my throat.

"I've moved up the wedding"

"What do you mean moved up the wedding?" she asks nervously.

"Breath, it means we'll get married in a week or two"

"But you agreed that it was too soon in may, so why change again?"

"I just want to marry you silly, why does everyone think something is wrong with that?"

"Because this makes it the second thing in less the 24 hours that you've changed your mind about to fit mine"

"How is moving the wedding fitting to yours?"

"Because i also want to marry you goffus"

"Then why the twenty queations?" the rest of breakfast we're both quiet. We just sit and eat and stare into each other's eyes before a knock interrupts.

"Sorry to bother you but Tony said i'm taking Wanda dress shopping" Nat says, entering the room.

"That's right, and i'm going with Sam"

"What made you move the wedding?"

"Just want to marry her" we say in union but just laugh it off.

"Get dressed then and meet me in the garage" Wanda just nodded and she leaves us alone again.

"I better get dressed then" she starts to get up and starts to clean the table but i stop her.

"I'll take care of that, Sam comes in about thirty minutes so i have time" she lets me clean off the table and gets to get changed. I never get to see what she changes into before i walk back out into the kitchen with the dishes.

"Was it good?" My brother's familiar voice asks behind me. "The breakfast i mean"

"Yeah, being the oldest sibling had its benefits" i say putting it down by the sink.

"You're older by twelve minuets Y/N" i just smile and turn back to face him.

"Best twelve minuets of my life" he also laughs, it's something I've said our entire life, like a twin inside joke.

"Heard you going dress shopping with Sam?" Steve says, also entering the kitchen. "Mind if we join?"

"Of course not, the more the merrier" for what could go wrong with taking three guys wedding dress shopping"