👾CH. 18👾

"All of these cases have occurred after all of them began playing this game called Escapade, sir."

"Seriously?"

"The count is increasing gradually. So far, it's been mostly high school students and some young adults."

"We need to make a statement about this."

"About what? A bunch of teenagers and adults in their early twenties falling into an unexplainable coma after playing some video game?"

"Yes. That's exactly what we should be warning everyone."

"Have you gone insane? Do you know how stupid and bizarre that sounds? How can you come to that conclusion, anyway? They'd all probably digested something from their meal and the problem kicked in coincidentally after they just so happened to play that game."

"Even though you're in denial and remaining close-minded about this, those kids are suffering wounds every so often out of nowhere and nurses have reported seeing them appear before their eyes with no explanation at all. I will make sure news goes about this to prevent more victims to this case."

"You expect the citizens to believe that bullshit?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. With enough to prove and convince them, it is very much possible, sir. If that isn't enough, we'll broadcast a live news to show someone voluntarily play that damn game and show them instead."

"I thought you said you wanted to prevent anymore victims?"

"Yes I did. But the number of victims increasing will only happen if majority of the people remain unconvinced. Either way, the updates we'll keep would be enough proof to show that it is the main cause of this case and ultimately avoid any more uprise on this situation."

"And what about the game? If it really is the cause, then how do we get rid of it so more don't fall under its trap before it's too late? These sorts of fantastical rumours are already spreading. We'll be encouraging it, and as it is, some idiots are trying out the games deliberately knowing about such rumours that are spreading like wildfire, just to get "inside the game" as you say. They're fascinated."

"I've sent a team to make a round about the areas the new patients were found to find the source selling those discs to put a stop to it. Miss Diana's brother has given us intel on what the person selling these cursed things looks like."

"What about the patients, then? Even if we do stop the count from rising, we still have to find a way to wake those people up."

"..."

"Well?"

"That's the main issue, sir. It seems like their very soul has been sucked into the game."

"What? I'm sorry, come again?"

"Yes, their souls are in the game. Though their physique stayed here. It helps justify the sudden wounds they gain periodically. Some suffering from broken bones and others... others suffer much worse."

"So- just... let me get this straight - those patients' souls are in the game but their physical body is here."

"Yes."

"...Mind enlightening me about the type of game it is?"

"Survival, sir."

"What about the Dia—-"

"Mr.Kim! You must take a look at this! Miss Diana is showing signs of Amnesia!"

"What?! Uh, we'll talk more later, sir. Good day!"