⭐️FUN FACTS!⭐️

Not sure how interesting this will be for you sweethearts, but I'll include it anyways!

Here are
FUN FACTS ABOUT ESCAPADE!

🐶 Coco was initially planned to be the game glitch personified as Wonho!
Yeeeeeahhhh
The first chapter included the baby just beside Diana and seeing as how he's protective of her, I thought it would be a cool idea! However, I had already included a Mysterious POV and the correlation of Wonho and his connection with Diana would've made that whole new character introduction really unnecessary and useless.

😴Diana's "dreams" of her Reality is not because she is an imposter in the game!
Now this little detail I enjoyed implementing hehe😁
The visions of her Real self at the hospital only began AFTER she experienced an event that caused her to fall unconscious! [saving Taehyung]
Likewise, Namjoon fell unconscious from bearing the electric shocks in his actual body. Shortly after, he could hear what was going on around him in the real world! A "dream" that seemed all too real to him then 😉

🦌Have you seen Wonho and the deer in the same scene? I didn't think so! 😜
Yep! You can already guess, haha.
Wonho was the very deer that revisited Diana in the middle of the night, AND in the beginning when she was all alone! [chapter 2]

🦉The Owl flying over Diana? Why a bird showing up now of all times?
[ref. chapter 37]
So considering how the whole game world black magic fiasco is a reality in this book, I included some fantasy myth elements!
It is said to believe in some cultures that an Owl flying over your head is a sign of an impeding misfortune. Bad luck in simple words LOL.
Assume this as a move on the Game's part; wishing misfortune on Diana by implementing folklore mythology for ONE instance in order to worsen her time of stay inside ☝️✨

🤕Diana's headaches and dizzy spells 😵‍💫
Also a ploy made by the game hahahaha
Whenever she so much as attempts to 'recollect' an event/memory that is fading from her mind, the headaches are in action - it distracts and you just can't bring yourself to think hard enough in order to avoid this nuisance 🤷‍♀️
On the other hand, Dizzy spells are the work of fading memories. The brain is being forced to let go of them.

👤Fading away
Related with Sleeping 💤
It was more explicitly mentioned in CH. 17 when Diana realised she was losing her memory after waking up from a nap. The more she slumbers, the more memories she loses.
Which correlates with another point, her drowsiness. while a part of her weakening body and mind, it was also the work of the Game (here we go again)
Slowly losing her sense of reality and time with all the rest she's taking, the Game took advantage and wiped as many memories as it could.

🕹️Wonho's connection to the Game World
AND Jungkook spotting a Purple Cave🪻
It has been explicitly mentioned in the latest chapters near the end of this book by the players themselves, but I want to point it out anyway lol
While he IS a glitch, he is still the Game's glitch. Which is ACTUALLY why Wonho deterred the players onto another path from his "own" intuition.
It can be assumed the first sighting of the purple cave by Jungkook could've rung true, but Wonho's entry in the game made the idea of visiting it a mere thought and nothing more.

😰There have been Players before our Team of Eight?!🥶
Implementing something this eerie and ominous was an enough reason for me to suggest such a possibility. It also helps tie in the random drops of man-made equipment and survival kits, as well as random, but useful notes.

🪬Progressive corruption of the Game?☠️
Seeing as Diana was an unwanted Player from the start, but the first to enter the game, you can notice how the game initially (while being somewhat petty lol) helped Diana by providing wood slabs and rope for her in the beginning for survival in shelter. This also includes the enhanced utilities and food provided in a NEW bag for her the following day of her first stay in.
As her stay prolonged, it grew less and less tolerant, and more and more deceitful. Cue introduction to Olfstin and eventually, the Snader.

🐍⚡️ANTI-GAME SHOCKS. DIANA REGAINS SOME MEMORIES??
There was ONE time where Diana "somehow" recollected some memories. When was that? When she was fighting with the very first Snader that everyone encountered!
The players were given dart guns with venom made to kill these beings.
In perfect timing, Jungkook and Yoongi shoot darts at the monster just as it zapped Diana. This shock traveled what I like to call an Anti-game shock through her.

- If anyone has forgotten the details: she remembers that Yoongi is a rapper, and she recalls the silly inside joke shared with Namjoon "Babe!~"

🤡NOT Inspired by Jumanji 😭✨
Yeah yeah... so before we jump the "liar" train, I'll have you know that I've mentioned in the book's description that I've taken Inspiration. That includes from fanfics of BTS getting stranded on an island, and BTS getting sucked into sci-fi, high-techno games with levels (x reader ofc lol)
So I put 1 and 2 together and we got this story to fruition ☝️✨
PS. Since some of you pointed out how "Jumanji" this story was, I got scared and looked it up wondering if some other book was resembling of mine or if by any chance, I somehow "copied" someone else 😭😭 then I noticed it was a Movie!
I watched it and.. wow. That shit is so similar, I began wondering if I had actually seen this movie before and just don't remember 😂😂 spoiler, no I hadn't 👍✨

———

That's all that I remember implementing anyways lmao.

Oh! If any of yall got THEORIES about some event in the book, do tell! I would LOVE to see what you all could conjure up and what made you question the worldview ☺️☺️❤️❤️

Thank you for reading this, Love you! 🥰🥰😘❤️💕💕

~ Ada