👾CH. 42👾

Double update! Be sure to read CH. 41 before this! ❤️💕
_____________________________

"It's been too long, doctor..."

"Mrs. Lee... you have to understand the position we're in—"

"I can't, okay?! I won't, either! You've said the same thing to me for the past few months! The least you can do is say something else, for goodness sake!"

"Mrs. Lee..."

"I've been stressing over my only daughter for six whole months! You should be the one who needs to understand my pain! For how much longer must I wait for my baby to finally open up her eyes?"

...

"Doctor.. can you leave us alone, please?"

"I... yes, of course. I'll ask a nurse to bring you two some water, okay?"

"Thank you."

"I'll be going then."

...

"Eomma... I'm sure we won't have to wait long."

"Y̵̸̢̡͔̞͉̘͛̈́͌̚͝o̴̸̞͓̦͕͇͚̐̈́͐̾͒̐h̴̸̼̙͖̫͚͑̽̔̕͘͝a̴̸̺͚̪̻̼͋͆̔̚͘̚n̴̵̢̝̝͖̫͔̒̿͊͘͝͝... just how much longer?? My baby has been here for too long..."

"You're right... but we still need to stay strong."

"She's getting worse! I don't know what I'd do if she.. if..."

"Ah- Ma.. no. She'll be with us. She's not... she's not going anywhere."

......

...

.
.

👾

I gasped deeply, springing forward from my resting position as I sat up with a jolt.

What the hell was that? Doctor?? What???

I looked around at my surroundings, realising that the night was still stretching with time. I looked at everyone who were fast asleep.

That wasn't even a nightmare to begin with so why was I so worked up? Who was talking? A mother?? Who was she talking to after that doctor left? It was just a sad dream. Not a scary one. But why was my heart pounding a 100 times per second?

Why was my heart hurting?

I glanced down at myself. My sprained leg to be specific. It felt oddly warm before. But now... it's as if I can't feel a single muscle anymore.

Numb.

Bringing my attention towards my leg, I couldn't stand the lack of feeling flooding my foot and decided to ultimately undo my wrap to maybe somehow get it to breathe. Anything really. I preferred the occasional throbbing pain than this.

It felt ghostly. Too much. Too numb.

With a slowly calming heart and a deep intake of breath, I carefully undid the stretchy elastic around my ankle, hoping to feel something - the cool breeze of the night, the ground beneath my heel, but I felt nothing.

I couldn't hold back a gasp as it slipped my mouth, this time more audibly.

It's fading.